No announcement yet.

Thought I would post some eye candy :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought I would post some eye candy :)

Getting the car ready...now if I could only get her tuned right.

Believe it or not...I've YET to Zaino her!
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Awesome.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Wow.

I like the aux battery wireing. Cool.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Very sweet. The only thing I could see that wasnt "perfect" was the alternator.

Mine looks grungy too, what is the best way to restore aluminum other than blasting it? Is there a cleaner that will bring it back to new?
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
          Very sweet. The only thing I could see that wasnt "perfect" was the alternator.

Mine looks grungy too, what is the best way to restore aluminum other than blasting it? Is there a cleaner that will bring it back to new?
          Yah, I know I have my eye on a 200amp alternator from PowerMaster.com (chromed of course). But I just can't justify that kind of $$$ until the OEM one dies...11 yrs later and no sign of dying...kinda sad when you hope a part dies so you can replace it with something better isn't it?

You can have it polished, or do it yourself with a high speed buffer/compound. Personally I'd rather put the $$$ towards a brand new one and one that keep up with my amperage requirements.

KnightFire
          1993 Formula Firebird

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Hey Knightfire all you have to do is send in your alternator case to this guy Polishing Inc. , and he will polish it for $50.

If you can't have your car down for a little while, go buy an alternator from a junked GM motor and send in the case.

Pretty good deal I thought.

Comment

No big deal. Unplug, wrench, wrench, gulp, gulp, gulp, wrench, sand, sand, sand, gulp, gulp, gulp, polish, polish, polish, gulp, gulp, gulp, wrench, wrench, plug, gulp, gulp...

Supplies needed:
              Wet or dry sandpaper, mothers polish, beer.

Comment

What kind of rims are those??
                96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

"yet to zaino"

i believe.
                  cause its not as optically peferct on the close ups.....more of a "creamy" surface......instead of "brilliant".

the rest looks good though...........

muuaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

hey knightfire is their a breather on the intake? (where the exhaust gases would go? thats what it looks like kinda odd to see one their.
                    1997 Camaro, Z-28, 5.7, Manual 6, K&N cold air intake, custom ram air scoop, ported MAF, Resonator plug, air foil, 160 thermostat, hypertech power programer 3, 3 inch cat-back exhaust, strut tower brace, K&N valve breather, centerforce dual friction clutch, slp short throw shifter, TNL short stick, O2 simulators, Next mod will be 1.6 rockers, pushrods, and springs. any reccomendations?

Comment

PhantomZ28:
                      Yes thats a breather on the CAI, I well ummm removed some emissions type stuff and had to put a filter on so that unfiltered air didn't get into the system.

Ken:
                      Hush you! LOL actually the 11 yr old paint is really starting to show its age, I'm not sure how much longer I can count on Zaino to keep bringing it back to life.

Kevin:
                      I know that I COULD polish it, but my amperage requirements are higher now with the N2O and large stereo system for the poor OEM alternator to keep up. So I really want the 200amp model. At least thats my excuse

FastTA:
                      Thanks for the info I really appreciate it! But I will probably be better off getting the larger alternator.

N2OLT4Bird:
                      Those are Bogart DS10's, EXTREMELY light weight and VERY strong.

Everyone:
                      Thanks for the kudos, for a 11yr old recently retired daily driver it doesn't look half bad

KnightFire
                      1993 Formula Firebird

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Sooo, you paid the big bucks for lightweight rims to help make up for 1000 pounds of stereo equipment and now need a big alternator too! I thought it was a race car!!!

Comment

for 11 year old paint it looks decent, u should see the 11 year old cars around here and their paint, makes yours look brand spankin new

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                            Sooo, you paid the big bucks for lightweight rims to help make up for 1000 pounds of stereo equipment and now need a big alternator too! I thought it was a race car!!!
                            Hahahaha, you have NO idea how much crap I get for that...but I do remove the heaviest parts of the system when I race. Besides most of that weight is over the rear axle

However, its MY version of a race car...the best of all worlds, it will NEVER be a gutted full out race car...I enjoy driving it around town too much. I will never have stellar ETs due to the fact that she is a hefty PIG...I won't type that too loudly because I might offend her, LOL. I got a smokin' deal on the rims/tires BTW...just couldn't pass it up. So I try to offset my weigth issues where I can.

KnightFire
                            1993 Formula Firebird

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Working...
                            X