This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey TraceZ...

I'm not personally upset about what was said...I just think it is a generalization that looks bad. The subject of the thread was 'Vette owners are old farts' and then the first line is 'Most vette owners can't drive'. Do you think you would take exception if you were on a vette forum and saw a post titled 'f-body owners are young punks that cannot afford a vette'???

I just think it is a bad way to bring across a point. It had nothing to do with the 'old' comment or the 'cant drive' comment...but the generalization bugs me.

And I know this is a forum with lots of open discussion and even opinions that differ...(heck, look at the 'passion of the christ' post. If that doesn't prove discussion of opinion can be interesting, what does??) :-)

Peace, Love, Dope...
    Ruz

Comment

Originally posted by gunter96ws6
      dont mess with fred, he knows more $h!t about fbods than anyone i know, fart or not fred gets it done~gunter
      i got a dumb question:

why ...because someone is 'old'...which..is only in your mind....and cannot be controlled....because everyone grows "old" if they are lucky to do so......so why are they a "fart"...???

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I know lots of old guys that fart a lot.... does that count?
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

I also knew right away that Mirroredshades was making a joke. I have never seen him state any disrespect to those in this thread. C'mon guys lighten up.

But if we are going to put on a race entitled "AARP card carrying members vs. the Young Guns" I will be glad to bring my 1100 hp T/A to represent the youngins!!

Comment

I just farted

Peace Ruz.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

fart

my dad is a old fart with a vette and he cant drive it like a pro but we still love him .think its a after mid life crisis type thing .but to each his own . ray charles could see that the thread was a joke
              have you out run a ford lately

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                I just farted

Peace Ruz.
                And I am a young punk who can't afford a Corvette.

Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Ok. I'm not mad anymore. I'll try to pick more appropriate titles in the future.

Peace.

96 TA Sold!
                  87 TA Sold!
                  80 Z28 Sold!
                  74 Formula Sold!
                  73 Z28 Sold!
                  69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

My cats breath smells of cat food !!!!!!!!
                    94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

The reason I thought it was a joke is because most of the regular members are very good natured and would not make those kind of statements if trying to be serious. I can understand how others might take it at face value, but it's better to go through life giving people the benefit of the doubt, at least the guys on this forum. Just my humble opinion.

Comment

TimeLord's cat's breath smells of cat food !!!!!!!

My dog's breath smells of cat !!!!!!!
                        98 Arrest Me Red Z28 - A4 with 2 washers and B&M SuperCooler, SLP CAI and airbox lid, K&N filter, smooth bellows, WS6 polished wheels (17" x 9"), Power Slot front rotors

Comment

Dear God..... I'm gone for one day. Business meetings and Seminars. Rotten lunch too. Lots of driving to get to and from. I'm looking foreward to reading the board after a mucho hard day and I read this. Where have we gone wrong?

ROTFLMAO!

Comment

I'm just laying low because I am an old fart that drive's a Vette.
                            LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

My breath smells like kitty too

HAHA
                              Tracy
                              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                              Current Mods:
                              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Thought that was ******!!!!!

A little too far with that last one, edited by admin
                                94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Working...
                                X