No announcement yet.

front and rear sway bar size on 97 WS6?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front and rear sway bar size on 97 WS6?

Anyone know the diameters of stock 97 WS6 sway bars?
    Thanks!
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

while we're at it, how about the sizes for the 1LE? same or different than for the WS6?
    Dave M

Comment

they dont touch the rear one..forgot what the front one is.....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

32mm front
        19mm rear

Comment

Kevin, is that 32/19 for the ws6 the same as the 1LE or is the 1LE larger still? Basically, my situation is this: I'm thinking of getting the 1LE front and rear sway bars (GM's parts site doesn't give their dimensions) but am wondering if there's even a point to it since I already have the WS6. Are the 1LE sway bars larger than the WS6?
          Dave M

Comment

Here is what I know. 4th gen v6 f-bods came with a 30mm front sway bar and a 17mm rear sway bar.

The 4th gen v-8 "non-1LE/WS6" also came with a 30mm front sway bar (same as v6) and a 19mm rear sway bar. The 4th gen 1LE and WS6 equipped cars came with a 32mm front sway bar and 19mm rear sway bar.

1993 and early 1994 1LE cars came with a 21 mm rear bar.

Hope this helps.

Comment

That's exactly the info I was looking for, thanks Kevin!
              Dave M

Comment

Such a wealth of knowledge here. Between us all, we have a brain. I tell my wife that. Sometimes it's 75%-25%. Sometimes it's 25%-75%.

I would save my money and buy a set of Spohns or BMRs for $300. The front 1LE is still hollow I believe.
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                  Such a wealth of knowledge here. Between us all, we have a brain. I tell my wife that. Sometimes it's 75%-25%. Sometimes it's 25%-75%.

I would save my money and buy a set of Spohns or BMRs for $300. The front 1LE is still hollow I believe.
                  HAHA

They say we only use 10% of our brain. So I guess if we get at least 10 people on one thread we have an entire functioning brain!

Comment

I would go with a solid sway bar as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X