1LE driveshaft for $220

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1LE driveshaft for $220

I know some guys here were asking about driveshafts recently. I just noticed on www.gmpartsdirect.com they have the 1LE driveshaft for 93-97's for $219.83. I just thought I'd let everyone know.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Do you have a part #? I searched "1LE" "Driveshaft", etc, and can't find it...

thanks
    99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

It's part # 10085375. From the homepage, if you click on the "upgrades" button, then on the Camaro picture, it lists all the parts available. They have a complete LT4 conversion kit, minus the timing chain, for $2091 and a 1LE front and rear sway bar kit for $180. I'm tempted!!
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

what would the driveshaft do for you?
        1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

Check to see how much the LS1 driveshaft costs. It's bigger than the 1LE and might even cost less. I got mine from Ebay for like $133. It will stop some cars from vibrating at higher speeds, and might even add a horse or two. Click here for more Info
          1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Yup, at least 1 horsepower + up to 5-6 ft-lbs of torque. The stock steel shaft is somewhat heavier, thus the heavier rotating mass equates to a higher horsepower loss from the flywheel to the rear wheels. In effect, all you're doing is freeing up some lost horsepower.

I installed mine a while back, and you can feel less high speed vibration. The car just feels a lot smoother on the freeway. Not much (if any at all) SOTP feel, though. Now these driveshafts are not recommended for really high end horsepower cars - because of the lightweight aluminum material. I've done my share of research, and the LS1 driveshafts are a big no-no if you want to push quite a bit of horsepower. I've seen a picture of 1 all twisted up on a mildly modified LS1 with slicks. The 1LE is supposedly a bit stronger. Either way, if you're somewhat stock, my opinion is that either is fine.

I would recommend a better buy than gmpartsdirect... try paceparts.com. The part itself is a bit more expensive ($235), however, the shipping is nearly $30 cheaper for ground! You end up saving ~$13. I've also heard Jason Cromer will get you the best deal on this, or anything. Might want to ask Joe his contact info.
            94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
            X