Clearcoat chipping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearcoat chipping

Hey guys the paint on my car is nearly immaculate. I have to say nearly because there is a spot on the front nose where a "half dollar sized" ring of the clear coat has chipped off. Anybody know if this can be fixed with simple polishes or waxes, or do i need to take it to a paint and body shop to have it sprayed?
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Anybody got any tips?
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

How much of the clear coat? All of it? You could TRY to compound it, but if its chipping as badly as it sounds, I don't think there is anything that can help you besides a body shop.

KnightFire
      1993 Formula Firebird
      Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

body shop like Nightfire says.

Comment

Re: Clearcoat chipping

Originally posted by ws6drbob
          Hey guys the paint on my car is nearly immaculate. I have to say nearly because there is a spot on the front nose where a "half dollar sized" ring of the clear coat has chipped off. Anybody know if this can be fixed with simple polishes or waxes, or do i need to take it to a paint and body shop to have it sprayed?
          Is it just a half-dollar sized RING or is it the enitre area of a half-dollar? Any pics?

Comment

it is not just a ring but like a spot the size of a half-dollar that is completely chipped of down to the flat white paint
            1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Since its come loose in one spot it will in another.
              It needs to be stripped and repainted.
              Noses were notorious for this.

Comment

Working...
              X