05 T\A

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 T\A

I was at my local dealer today and got talking to a service guy for a while. He had just got back from a post delivery test drive of a GTO and said he loved it. Then he started talking about the 05 T\A coming out and said that there was one for sure and it would be the base model with something higher than that and the only engine is the LS2. I haven't heard a thing about this anywhere else. Is this just a rumor or is there truth to it?
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

i smell ********

Comment

For some reason I think that the guys around here will be telling the rest of us when a new T/A or Camaro will be coming out.
      97 SS #C007
      Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
      SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

yeah the rumors i've heard where either 05 (dont think so) of 2007 or 8 not sure but thats just the rumors that ive heard. ive also started a collection of cocept picts of what it will look like. i tell ya theirs some wierd stuff out their
        1997 Camaro, Z-28, 5.7, Manual 6, K&N cold air intake, custom ram air scoop, ported MAF, Resonator plug, air foil, 160 thermostat, hypertech power programer 3, 3 inch cat-back exhaust, strut tower brace, K&N valve breather, centerforce dual friction clutch, slp short throw shifter, TNL short stick, O2 simulators, Next mod will be 1.6 rockers, pushrods, and springs. any reccomendations?

Comment

While I've been hearing alot about a 07/08 Camaro, the prospects for a Firebird twin are looking grim. Many press releases now mention a future "chevy rwd v8 performance coupe" that will share it's platform "zeta" with cars such as GTO, Buick Riviera, Holden Monaro, and even some large RWD sedans....but not Firebird.
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllll

sssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh***************TTTTT TTTTTTTTTTT

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
              buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllll

sssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh***************TTTTT TTTTTTTTTTT
              yeah...what ken said

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

bull-crocky

Read THIS
                First...

pretty much the St. therese has exclusive rights to build the camaro/firebird... and GM has no intention of reopening a plant that is 30+ years behind the times, and too far from the supply lines.... in short that plant MUST be sold/torn down first...
                to meet CAW legal contractural obligations .. which coincidentally will be re-negotiated in 2005
                Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                pics and info

Comment

now this is alittle suspicious

*There was an actual memo sent out (by GM's Legal departmet!)shortly after the F-body ended production that forbids anyone from even mentioning Camaro or Firebird to the public or press, under threat of termination.
                  seriousely with all the statement and then sudden retracts, either GM is really takeing us for a ride, or their truely is a secret plan for the camaro. remember a while back when they stoped production of the corrvet for about 5 years and said nothing of bringing it back? (was before my time i think but i heard it from my budies dad) they could be doing the same thing with the camaro and firebird.

HONESTELY! why would GM stop making such an awsome car but...only time will tell.
                  1997 Camaro, Z-28, 5.7, Manual 6, K&N cold air intake, custom ram air scoop, ported MAF, Resonator plug, air foil, 160 thermostat, hypertech power programer 3, 3 inch cat-back exhaust, strut tower brace, K&N valve breather, centerforce dual friction clutch, slp short throw shifter, TNL short stick, O2 simulators, Next mod will be 1.6 rockers, pushrods, and springs. any reccomendations?

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomZ28
                    remember a while back when they stoped production of the corrvet for about 5 years and said nothing of bringing it back?
                    It was stopped for one year, not 5. I think it was 1983, but I don't remember first hand because I was only 7 at the time. Something to do with labor issues I think?
                    Joe K.
                    '11 BMW 328i
                    '10 Matrix S AWD
                    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
                      It was stopped for one year, not 5. I think it was 1983, but I don't remember first hand because I was only 7 at the time. Something to do with labor issues I think?
                      1983 is right...they couldn't produce the C4 verison in time (long those lines) and there wasn't a 1983 model...

if GM has intentions of bring back the Camaro and Firebird, their doing a great job keeping in the wraps...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

ahh okie like i said i wasnt sure

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomZ28
                          now this is alittle suspicious

seriousely with all the statement and then sudden retracts, either GM is really takeing us for a ride, or their truely is a secret plan for the camaro. remember a while back when they stoped production of the corrvet for about 5 years and said nothing of bringing it back? (was before my time i think but i heard it from my budies dad) they could be doing the same thing with the camaro and firebird.

HONESTELY! why would GM stop making such an awsome car but...only time will tell.

very simple reason why they forbid any GM emp talking about it... as previously stated about the St. Therese plant to have exclusive rights as long as the plant is not sold or torn down... and the CAW contracts a SERIOUS issue and that GM has to pay back the 200M loan to Canukda ... in short talking about the Camaro/Firebird while the crappy plants still stands.. would steal GM's leverage with the CAW and Canukda ... If GM gave official word about the development of a new Camaro/Firebird.. The CAW would force GM into extending the exclusive rights yet again and GM's trying to Globalize the chassis platforms... and this would cause trouble.. not to mention, canada, giving 200M interest-free to GM in the 80's .. which has not been paid yet (they have till 2017 ) would force Gm to build it there...

in short talking about it publicly.. would screw them over... preventing it to ever come back again!
                          Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                          Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                          pics and info

Comment

ahhh ok i get it now. hey! mabey i should take control of the plant when imove up to canada this summer! FREE Camaros and firebirds for everyone!!

but i do still hold the hope for the return of the camaro and firebird.

Comment

The plant is being torn down,there will be nothing left of it by the time you get here this summer!!!

They never cancelled or stopped making the Vette,production problem delayed it's release[ergo1982-1984].
                              94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Working...
                              X