Corvette Crash *Disturbing*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corvette Crash *Disturbing*

Guy looses control of his Vette and crashes.....

http://djtaso.com/corvettecrash.mpg

(right click save as)
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

That sucks
    1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
    1 of 463
    LT4 knock module
    D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
    strut tower brace
    SLP fan switch
    160* t/stat
    Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
    DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

yeah i've seen that cid before. it was at an autocross event and I think he killed those poor spectators. but i guess they shouldn't have been so close to the track anyway.
      93 camaro Z28, A4 auto
      http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503401

"he who hesitates is lost."

Comment

I never understood either why spectators felt the need to stand so close to an auto-x course . OUCH!

Comment

From what I remember, nobody died. Maybe a broken leg? but I don't even think that happened.
          Rob
          04 GTO

Comment

Given hind sight is 20/20...Here's my take on the mistakes and what should've happened...

He was still trying for a good lap time even though his car was beginning to lose control. I think backing off on the gas would've been enough....maybe a touch of the brakes just to be sure. It would've caused to maybe finish slower than he liked (as oppoesed to not finishing at all ) but I always say, it's better to err on the side of safety.

I wonder if he had the stability control on...???
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

umm, why did his rear wheels come off the ground right as he hit those people?
              pewter 99 TA...t-tops, leather, m6, lid, longtubes back, gears, spec clutch, spohn suspension

Comment

that looks pretty painful

Comment

Similar thing happened out here in Nebraska a couple years ago. It was a trans am, however, and either one or two people were killed when he slammed into them. They also were standing right on teh curb with no barriers between them and the cars.
                  2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

I saw that video, too. They had it on TV. He got sideways, lost it a little, jumped the little curb that was there and hit a woman, breaking her leg and various other minor injuries...

Thnak goodness he didn't kill her or anyone else. I guess it was no one's fault, but they should make it a little safer at auto-x events for spectators...
                    1998 TA M6 SLP Lid, Cold Air and Bellow, Flowmaster 3", Centerforce DF, Fast Toys MAF ends, JET skip shift eliminator 312rwhp/366rwtq

92 Lincoln Mark VII LSC For Sale

Visit Central Jersey Mustangs & Fords

Comment

Working...
                    X