Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here try Meguiars NXT yet?

Some great reviews of this product on corvetteforum.com

Meguiars site makes it sound very similar to Zaino.

I love Zaino, but curiosity is rising...

Ruz

Re: Anybody here try Meguiars NXT yet?

Originally posted by Ruz
    Some great reviews of this product on corvetteforum.com

Meguiars site makes it sound very similar to Zaino.

I love Zaino, but curiosity is rising...

Ruz
    maCquires tried to buy zaino out..several times. Sal didnt budge, of course..........guess this is their attempt and perfection.........hahahahahaha

i aint trying it. im way to satisfied with what zaino has done for my vehicles.

took a bunch of shots of the hawk last night...my neighbor said "that car looks brand new"......... and it does....only even better....... and thats with 74k miles and 7 years on her.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I have to tell you Ken, I'm sort of surprised...but not really.

I know that you and Sal are very close. And I know that Zaino is a great product. But I also remember you being the biggest proponent of 'the best product out there' before you tried Zaino...I belive it was Liquid Glass (or something similar...don't remember exactly, it was quite a few years ago). Then when you tried Zaino, you changed your mind on the previous one.

I sent an email to Sal about NXT, asking his opinion because it does seem like a copy of Zaino. Of course, he was very honest, and it seems to come down not to shine, but durability. I guess time will tell in regards to the people that have tried NXT and how it really does hold up.

There is quite an allegence to Zaino on this board (and deservedly so...), but I also think it is good to try new products once in a while to see what is out there. Just wondering if anyone had tried it...

Ruz

Comment

Originally posted by Ruz
        I have to tell you Ken, I'm sort of surprised...but not really.

I know that you and Sal are very close. And I know that Zaino is a great product. But I also remember you being the biggest proponent of 'the best product out there' before you tried Zaino...I belive it was Liquid Glass (or something similar...don't remember exactly, it was quite a few years ago). Then when you tried Zaino, you changed your mind on the previous one.

I sent an email to Sal about NXT, asking his opinion because it does seem like a copy of Zaino. Of course, he was very honest, and it seems to come down not to shine, but durability. I guess time will tell in regards to the people that have tried NXT and how it really does hold up.

There is quite an allegence to Zaino on this board (and deservedly so...), but I also think it is good to try new products once in a while to see what is out there. Just wondering if anyone had tried it...

Ruz
        it was "finish first".............

and your'e right........folks should try new stuff.... i just said "i wasnt going to".......cause im not. not because im close to Sal..but because of what it does. Sal knows me well enough to know if their is something proven better, ill use it.........

so lets see the proof............ im done being a test bed.........hahahahahaah

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Fair enough... :-)

Maybe I'll pick some up and be the guinea pig...

Ruz

Comment

Having tried everything from Blue Coral (1956 Bel Air convertible, Matador Red paint - "wax" lasted about 1 month and the paint started to oxidize ) to Zaino.... I'd be willing to give it a try. Is it a "system" similar to Zaino?

My Indigo Blue Silverado needs a little rehab after sitting mostly in the street, unused all winter. Maybe do the hood with Zaino and the bed cover with Meguairs to see how it compares.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

at least they admit: (this is a quote from thier spray writeup)

" while restoring the deep, dark, wet-look shine. Use it dry for fast touch-ups, or use wet after washing your car to quickly restore the "Just-Waxed" look. "

with zaino..if you wash the car then dry it.........it already has that "just polished" look....you dont need to touch it up...........

so this stuff must be wax.........which is water soluable....although they mention polymer technology...whatever that might mean.......

Comment

Working...
              X