spark plug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plug

I know that in a dakota r/t that the autolite plugs and a few hp to the wheels. Will that brand or any brand for that matter, help the LT1?

NGK TR55
    Bosch Platnium4

I don't know if they add power...but sure did make my TA run smoother...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I heard that if u wanted to run a msd ignition or turbo or supercharger u can't use multi or platinum sparkplugs. But i did hear that without those upgrades thats a good choice.

Comment

P.S. i want to run msd ignition

Comment

You can run an MSD with any plug. Although an msd is considered overkill in our cars unless you have some serious mods. The stock plugs are 100K mile plugs and perform well.

Comment

so msd is too much then. thanx for the info, glad i hear about it before i made a mistake.

Comment

Joe...you say the stock plugs are good, so is it not really worth the pain in the a$$ of changing to NGK's or some such plug? What about wires, are the stock wire fine for a basically stock LS1?
              98 Arrest Me Red Z28 - A4 with 2 washers and B&M SuperCooler, SLP CAI and airbox lid, K&N filter, smooth bellows, WS6 polished wheels (17" x 9"), Power Slot front rotors

Comment

Provided you are still basically stock, there is no need to go through the "upgrades". The factory plugs and wires were intended to last 100K miles. Mine did just that. Now if you are running bolt ons and power adders, there is some benefit to upgrading.

Comment

plugs

if you have a few mods don't think that a MSD box is not helpful Viller84. A MSD will make an immediate difference you can notice in idle and throttle response. Is it a necessary upgrade?=NO. Is it helpful and worth the $$=Yes.
                  MSD 6A and the GM adapter wiring harness is a good mod for the $ for LT1s. If you have a LS1, I don't know what to say because I've never put a MSD on an LS1 myself. Hope this helps ya somehow.
                  By the way, the AC Delco R43TS plugs work great in LT1s and don't cost as much as some others. My 2nd 93Z28 I had ran 12s in the 1/4 and I used Taylor wires, AC Delco plugs and a MSD 6A for ignition stuff,it was Street driven also.
                  93 Z28: LT1, AT, 3.73, Insulated IATS, pcmforless.com custom computer program, CAI, BBK 52mm TB, 160 thermo...etc..

clik below on homepage for pics of my 93 Z28

Comment

I will very soon have the CAI, lid, bellows, and in the not so distant future long tube headers and catback. Are these enough bolt-on mods to consider new plugs and wires?
                    98 Arrest Me Red Z28 - A4 with 2 washers and B&M SuperCooler, SLP CAI and airbox lid, K&N filter, smooth bellows, WS6 polished wheels (17" x 9"), Power Slot front rotors

Comment

Working...
                    X