Homework assign. from Scott Settlemeyer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homework assign. from Scott Settlemeyer

For those who remember the thread I posted about the current issues with bringing Camaro back, yes, this is connected.

This was posted by Scott, and I think it's definitely relevent to the question which is "Is the next Camaro going to be called Camaro?"

OK....Camaro Homework Assignment...get in here!
    I'm compiling a 'scrapbook' (if you will) of pictures and articles of how Camaro and Firebird Enthusiasts celebrate the Camaro brand ......

Examples: Ms. Cytruffle and her Camaro SS Tatoo.
    Bill in K.C. who has one of the Camaro Billboards on his living room wall...
    Milt and Liz who have a Camaro Mailbox......
    I have a Camaro B4C weathervane, courtesy of Pat & Karen

If you have "Camaroabilia" all over your house/garage......or celebrate the Camaro in a unique way I'd like a picture of it!

You can mail the picture to me at:

General Motors Global Headquarters
    100 Renaissance Center
    Detroit, MI 48265
    Mail Code 482-A23-B21
    Attention: Camaro Brand

The mail room will compile these for me.

Unfortunately I will not be able to respond to all letters and inquiries.....sorry.......

And hey, they WILL be put to a good use. ( 'nuff said about that.......)
    well....drag strip pictures isn't what I'm getting at....

What I'm getting at is the "enthusiasm" that our owners have for their cars..........you know....the guy that has a Camaro Insignia mowed into his front lawn (yes...someone actually did that and sent me a picture.......)THAT'S strong branding and it tells us that people REALLY WANT ANOTHER CAMARO.............or Firebird!
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Also, he said Firebird stuff would be OK too...

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What if us Firebird/Trans Am folks would rather celebrate the Firebird/Trans Am in a unique way? Would that be OK?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU BETCHA! Send me Firebird stuff too!

Comment

I've gotten the impression the F-body is indeed dead. The Camaro name may come back in the future, on a different body but not the f-body.

I also get a bad feeling about the firebird. It may not come back at all. I've even heard Camaro's sister car might be a Buick this time instead of a Pontiac.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

It would take 2 rolls of film to cover everything I have in my house/garage Pontiac related...

Yes I'm a nut!

KnightFire
        1993 Formula Firebird
        Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
          I've gotten the impression the F-body is indeed dead. The Camaro name may come back in the future, on a different body but not the f-body.
          If it does come back, it won't be on the same outdated platform. It will be on the modern Zeta achitecture. From what I understand it's really a series of components that can be interchanged to form cars of various sizes, FWD/AWD, and engine and suspension configurations. It's so flexible it should not only carry smaller sporty models such as the upcoming concept Buick Velite (aka Riviera) but also large RWD sedans more akin to the 96 Impala.

But, it may still be called F-body. In 97 the C5 was on a redesigned platform, but it's still referred to as Y-body or Y car.
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
            If it does come back, it won't be on the same outdated platform. It will be on the modern Zeta achitecture. From what I understand it's really a series of components that can be interchanged to form cars of various sizes, FWD/AWD, and engine and suspension configurations. It's so flexible it should not only carry smaller sporty models such as the upcoming concept Buick Velite (aka Riviera) but also large RWD sedans more akin to the 96 Impala.

But, it may still be called F-body. In 97 the C5 was on a redesigned platform, but it's still referred to as Y-body or Y car.
            Cool. Thanks for the clarifiaction. I really hope they do keep the F designation. I also hope I am wrong about the firebird not returning.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
            X