Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I fit a 762ci big block in my Formula?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I fit a 762ci big block in my Formula?

In a recent issue of National Dragster there was the usual ad for Sonny's Racing Engines, but they had two new items:
    762 cubic inch natrually aspirated (raw horsepower) engine. 4.750" bore x 5.375" stroke, 15.3:1 compression, 1,525HP.

With 16.3:1 compression 1,550HP.

$54,495.00
    Then there is the nitrous version of that engine:
    5.000" bore spacing 737 cubic inch engine (4.670" bore X 5.375" stroke)

1,420 raw HP

2 nitrous systems: 1st system 375HP, 2nd system 300HP

2,100+HP on two moderate systems. Drilled and tapped for third nitrous system.

$58,695.00
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

I think you might need a shoe horn.
    98 Arrest Me Red Z28 - A4 with 2 washers and B&M SuperCooler, SLP CAI and airbox lid, K&N filter, smooth bellows, WS6 polished wheels (17" x 9"), Power Slot front rotors

Comment

damn that puts a dent in a wallet

Comment

well, guys have shoe-horned big blocks in their F-bodys before, and this should be no more difficult. The only thing is that you might have to get a cowl hood that is HUGE, but that is it. And this is only for drags, right? I mean, it would be so much easier if you took out the A/C and everything else "unneeded".
        my car:
        '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
        check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

It is a little sad that it took them 737 cubes with 675 hp of nitrous to produce 2100+hp. A friend of mine just made 1711 hp on a big turbo LS1 434 cubes!! No nitrous!! And he has less than $20,000 in the motor! Hmmmmmm!!

Comment

I'm game... why don't we try it? The worst that could happen is having to relocate the strut towers.

Comment

Wow. haha I have to tell you though, that is a whole lotta money for that much hp. I am building one that the machine shop says will be close to 1200 horse on pump gas for a whole lot less. It's not that big, just 598 cubes.
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Might be a good starting point for methanol.

Comment

A top fuel 8,000 hp motor can be had for those prices!

Fred we will start a collection here on f-body.com for you. You can have the motor in no time!

Comment

Sure ya could, but you'd need a full funny car style cage!

TIG welded chromoly anyone?!
                    96 T/A - Heavily Modded
                    87 Caprice DGCM Boxie - Stock

Comment

Working...
                    X