Zaino Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zaino Help

I am about to order some Zaino. I have a BLACK T/A. It has been waxed, clayed, and pretty well taken care of since its been in my posession. Can someone tell me exactly what to order, and exactly what to do when applying it and the steps. Thanks Alot. TOM
    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

The starter kit is a good choice when you've never applied Zaino before. Assuming it's been clayed recently, you could order the parts seperately and leave out the clay. The order will contain pretty detailed instructions on how to apply, and I think the website has them too, but here's a quick run-down:

1. Wash car with Dawn dishwashing liquid or clay it to remove old wax. (Dry car after every washing to avoid water spots)*

2. Apply a thin coat of Z-1 (or if using the ZFX, apply a coat of Z-5 with ZFX added to it)

3. Apply a coat of Z-5, allow to dry, remove.

4. Use the Z-6 spray.

5. If using the ZFX, you can immediately apply another coat, if you used Z-1 you need to allow the first coat of Z-5 to cure for 24 hours before apply another coat.

6. Repeat steps 3-5 as much as you like until any fine scrathes and swirl marks are gone.

7. Begin applying Z-2 now instead of Z-5. Keep detailing with the Z-6 in between coats. That really gives it a deep look, like you could just reach down into the paint and pull out your reflection.

8. Wash when needed with Z-7.

*Any towels, diapers or wash mits you use should be 100% cotton, white, made in the USA, and should have any stitched seams cut off them. This will ensure a scratch free shine.

It sounds like a lot of work, but it's worth every second, and every penny!
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
    X