Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS Inoper?

Guys,

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but my owner's manual isn't around and i've got a few questions.

My "ABS Inoper" light just came on last night. Obviously my brakes still work, but i still feel the jumping associated with ABS also. The brakes don't really feel any differently since the light has come on.

Am i harming anything by continuing to drive while that light is on? I just spent alot of cash on my SECOND Optispark install and i don't really have the money for another major repair.

My brake pads have probably 20,000 on them and the squealers haven't gone off or anything. I can't imagine that needing pads would make that light come on, right?

Any thoughts?

possibly its a bad wheel sensor....for the front they are an integral part of the hub/bearing assembly and are not cheap but relatively easy to replace....the rear depending on your setup (4 or 3 channel) will determine $$$$

or could even be the ABS modulator itself....its diagnosing time!!!

my $.02 thiough....
    95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

So am i causing any more damage by driving on it before i get it looked at?

Comment

No....the light is just letting you know that there is a problem with the ABS system and it won't kick in until its fixed...(its disabled so if you panic stop, u may lock up your wheels).
        95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

Thanks alot man, i appreciate it.

I thought that was the case and that i could wait to get it to a mechanic that i trust, but i wasn't 100% sure.

Comment

I have heard in the past about people either unhooking or burning out the "third" brake light in the spoiler and when its out the abs Light comes on.... worth checking before tearing it up

Comment

Working...
            X