Ouch!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch!

My best friend backed into my TA with his Suburban! It took every ounce of self-control I had to keep repeating "It's OK - just a car!" Just a car? Oh well anyway he is getting it fixed for me but I cannot even look at it this point. It goes in Monday - the estimate was $1,500. My friend is really torn up about it - knows how much my car means to me - so I told him after it is fixed it is to never come up again. It is ironic that I spent the whole morning detailing the car only to have it whacked in the afternoon! I actually took this picture the morning of the "incident" LOL. I feel better now!
    Attached Files
    Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Don't worry about it too much, it is just a car!

Seriously though, you've got a good friend to accept responsibility for it. I think most people would have just left and denied it.
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your car.

You did the right thing by not being mean to your friend. Friendship is priceless. I know it hurts and I know it really takes a lot to not say something but you will be much happier and more glad in the end.

Trust me! Be good to your friend! The car will be fixed back and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you didn't do anything wrong!

I have seen people go historical and sure they got the car fixed.

But about 1 month or too later wrecked and totalled it out, but guess who was there? The friend who bumped their vehicle. Yep! that right the one who they hurt is now helping them through the total loss.

Have a goodone, Lee!
      Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Comment

To tell you the truth I feel sorry for him - I know he will feel bad for it long after the car is good as new. Doesn't make it any easier to look at though! I told him it could have been a kid on a bike or worse - no one was hurt and it can easily be fixed. That is why they call it an "accident"! But why couldn't have been my wife's car???
        Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Working...
        X