Hello, boys -- I'm BAAAA-AAAAACK!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, boys -- I'm BAAAA-AAAAACK!

Finally... the weather has broken enough, and we have gotten enough rain that salt isn't coating our roads anymore...

I am getting my car back out tomorrow night!!!!!

I have an appointment at LS1speed on Friday. I am expecting to get new pushrods installed, and do a dyno-tune -- maybe some better plugs and wires too. I am expecting 350ish or more HP at the rear wheels. Considering I trapped at 109 bone stock, which is on the higher end of things, I am thinkng I had around 315-320ish to begin with -- is that realistic? Looking at my mods, I think 350 rwhp is a pretty modest goal after a dyno-tune, what do y'all think?

Just wanted to share some excitement!!!
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

congrats

Comment

Re: Hello, boys -- I'm BAAAA-AAAAACK!

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
      Looking at my mods, I think 350 rwhp is a pretty modest goal after a dyno-tune, what do y'all think?
      I was thinking you should be right there with a good tune.

Comment

I hope you get 350 to the tire! If you do, you will have some bad a$$ numbers for a bolt-on-only LS1! Let us know how your dyno tune goes!

Comment

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Tear those rollers up Jay ! Don't forget to not ever hit your brakes on the dyno. The operator won't be happy, I know!

Comment

LOL! Why not step on the brake? What will happen if you do that on the Dyno? Why new Pushrods Jay? Higher strength?
              1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
                LOL! Why not step on the brake? What will happen if you do that on the Dyno? Why new Pushrods Jay? Higher strength?
                Supposedly it can throw off the calibration.

Comment

New pushrods because I banged a 2-3-2 shift on the dragstrip... If the motor would have completely caught up, I theoretically would have hit about 8100 RPMs...

I trapped at 109 mph completely stock... now after all the mods listed in my sig, I am trapping at 105 -- so I am down a lot of horsepower from where I should be.

Kevin -- today is the day I get my car back -- Friday is the day I hit the dyno. I'll keep you posted

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                    I trapped at 109 mph completely stock... now after all the mods listed in my sig, I am trapping at 105 --
                    Well, that's progress for ya!!!

Comment

If you only could hear some of the things I've heard...
                      96 T/A - Heavily Modded
                      87 Caprice DGCM Boxie - Stock

Comment

Working...
                      X