Need Help with Brakes !!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with Brakes !!!!

Hey guys and gals. I just returned to the board after a long stint away. My my how things have changed. Looks great. Oh well on to the reason for this post. I just put new rotors (front and rear) and pads (just rears, front were in great shape) on the '94 Z28. The brakes feel extremely spongey and the BRAKE light is now on. I can drive the car but I fear something is not right. The only thing out of the ordinary that I did was I disconnected the rear passenger caliper because I was having a problem depressing it. I then bled this caliper only and put every thing back together. Do I have to bleed all the calipers??? Anyhow any help is greatly appreciated and Thank-you in advance.

Re: Need Help with Brakes !!!!

Originally posted by Joe '94 Z28 & 68 Drop Top
    Hey guys and gals. I just returned to the board after a long stint away. My my how things have changed. Looks great. Oh well on to the reason for this post. I just put new rotors (front and rear) and pads (just rears, front were in great shape) on the '94 Z28. The brakes feel extremely spongey and the BRAKE light is now on. I can drive the car but I fear something is not right. The only thing out of the ordinary that I did was I disconnected the rear passenger caliper because I was having a problem depressing it. I then bled this caliper only and put every thing back together. Do I have to bleed all the calipers??? Anyhow any help is greatly appreciated and Thank-you in advance.

Ya, its sounding like you may have to. Ive never been lucky enough to just bleed one corner of ANY car, after taking a caliper off. PITA, I hate bleeding.

-G

Best ET: 13.41 @ 103.80 MPH (@600 FT) with these Mods: SLP 2L/2R Exhaust, K&N FIPK, LT4 KM, 4.10 GM Superior gears, BMR LCAs & relocation brackets, Energy Suspension Poly Tranny Mount, 160 degree thermostat, HPP3 ( mostly for speedo & fan recalibration), MSD 6AL Ignition & MSD Blaster Coil and all the free mods.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Trans Am- The Muscle Car Lives

Comment

Working...
    X