Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What color is this and is this how the stock color shows up...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What color is this and is this how the stock color shows up...

Its been a long time, but lately I have noticed a navy blue color camaro z28 around here... Its paint according to its owner is the stock paint job... Okay with that said, it doesn't look like mine though in one particular aspect...

My paint color is blackish blue most of the time but when the light hit it just right it changes colors from a dark blackish blue to a royal blueish color to a purple and back again, it doesn't do this too dramatically like some Sport Compact friends of mine's cars do, but it does that... Now the Z28 doesn't change colors as easily, its black far away and blue up close with a hint of purple but not a bright true purple...

Okay now for the question is that a stock paint job or an aftermarket type...? I am only wondering this for my own benefit that is why I haven't asked a body shop... You know I have this thing about pride...

Thanks yal... Later...
    Thanks
    MaraSport

I think the paint job is Mystic (I think that's how you spell it). I've seen a lot of those on Camaro's. One minute it can look green then the next it looks blue. All depends how the Sun hits it.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

I have a friend with a Camaro that is mystic teal and yah it does change colors but its mostly a green color... My car is mostly blue most of the time...

I have been thinking that instead of my camaro being a metalic paint job, I think its like a Pearlescent version of Navy Blue Metalic...?
      Thanks
      MaraSport

Comment

well in 01 the V-6 camaro only came in 8 colors here they are and their paint code numbers. and out of the 29k camaros that were built 16357 were V-6 cars.
        code color # made %
        #1 11U Light Pewter Metallic - 6,421 - 22.1%
        #2 41U Onyx Black - 6,033 - 18.5%
        #3 81U Bright Rally Red - 5,622 - 19.5%
        #4 10U Arctic White - 3,579 - 12.3%
        #5 28U Navy Blue Metallic - 3,519 - 12.1%
        #6 44U Montery Maroon Metallic - 1,485 - 5.1%
        #7 71U Sunset Orange Metallic - 1,380 - 4.8%
        #8 79U Mystic Teal Metallic - 930 - 3.2%

hope this shines a light on things

99 T/A WS-6
        SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
        2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
        88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

Comment

I...

I have the original window sticker for my car and it says that it is navy blue... But I know this girl that has a Navy Blue Camaro and it doesn't do like mine does in certain types of light...

Mine in the morning seems to be a blackish color, about noon it is a shiny blue, and about evening time its purplish...
          Thanks
          MaraSport

Comment

remember that not every factory paint job is alike, the metal flakes do not alway settle the same giveing a different effect. and if the cars are different years they might have changed the way they mix the paint. and if they are the same year it might have been painted with a different batch of paint which would also result in paint differences.

99 T/A WS-6
            SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
            2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
            88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

Comment

Is it this?

Thatīs an image of my mystic teal Camaro.
              Attached Files

Comment

Okay then that could explain why mine does different, and that is why to it looks like a pearlescent navy blue...

Thanks yal... Mara
                Thanks
                MaraSport

Comment

Working...
                X