racing on my way back from daytona

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racing on my way back from daytona

well it was about 2 in the morning on my way back to jax, I had just left daytona visiting a couple of friends, I was driving down 95 N, with my wife, and two friends in the car so my car was pretty weighed down. i was doing about 80 and i see some head lights catch up with me in my rear view. I could tell the head lights belonged to a camaro, so the guy pulls up next to me in thes green 97 ss with flames on it, starts reving up his motor, so i figure im bored out here on the high way with only two other cars in sight. so I down shift in to 3rd and wait for him to take off, he guns it and pulls a little then i hit it, i start to gain on him and then when i shift in to 4th i pulled on him by like 3/4 of a car length, then he slows down and i leave him, I slowed down so that we could run them again. we did this for about 20 miles, I was sure i was going to get waxed because all the extra weight ( almost 450 lbs extra) but i still ran all over him just not as much as i would have. but it made the drive go by faster by giving me something to do.

99 T/A WS-6
    SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
    2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
    88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

Hehe yeah i am from Jax myself and know how boring the drive to and from daytona can get. I had the same thing happen to me last year during my ride home from spring break but the guys that would challenge me were ricers and not worth my time.
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Working...
    X