No announcement yet.

The motor won't even turn over

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine does that too, mine is the starter is bad and it drains the battery when the car uisnt even running,
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
      Craig I have my stock FPR off my 97 WS6. You can have it if you want it. It would probably be worth at least ruling that part out. Let me know.

Sounds like you just wore down the battery from repeatedly powering the fuel pump. If it is holding a high 13 volt charge it is likely still good.
      if you still have the fpr?
      i m interested
      93 t/a A4 3.23s
      95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
      99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
      99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
      97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
      93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
      00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Originally posted by TRANS AM IN EUROPE
        if you still have the fpr?
        i m interested
        I promised Craig that I would wait to see if he needs it. But if he doesn't you are welcome to it.

Comment

thnks Kevin, if you have other stock parts i am interested if we can work out a some payment and shipping method

i just changed the fuel pump but the pressure drops quickly after the pump stops running

i cant start the car- a lot of gas in the oil and the starter just clicks but wont turn the engine. starter runs ok if its off the engine, I think its seized

something like Craig s problem, but i havent started the car since june last year
          any ideas guys?
          93 t/a A4 3.23s
          95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
          99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
          99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
          97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
          93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
          00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Its the starter, trust me, I had one that did the same thing, its more than likely the selenoid in the starter, my battery is at 12.4 and its just fine, nothing wrong, it will run off that,

Comment

Working...
            X