tire guru's within

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire guru's within

ok guys, i know ive asked this before, but it was on the old forum and i dont you can search that. so, now its gettin close to the time where the beast comes off of storage insurance. im in dire need of new rear tires. i have the stock 16's on there. what are my options for drag radials. all im interested in is dry weather traction. i barely drive the car in the rain and never in the snow. the thing lights up the tires like its its job.
    -ken-
    ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Couple of thoughts..... Nitto, BFG and M/T. The Nitto and BFG drag radials are a softer than regular radials, have reduced tread depth and hook reasonably well for a street driven tire. The Nittos are a little better in the rain, the BFG a little better in the dry. My choice is the ET steet from M/T, but it is more of a track tire that you can drive on the street if needed (when dry), but should not be treated as a regular street tire, they are horrible in the rain. It the kind of thing that you can drive to the track or swap them on to the car when you get there. The advantage is that you have regular mileage type radials for the street and something really sticky for the track/street when needed. I've run ET steets on the street and they can perform well. Just don't hit any rain.

Comment

And when running sticky tires on the street, you have to accept the fact that they are going to pick up every stone and grain of sand on the road surface, and hurl it into your paint.

I would recommend againat the ET Streets on the "street".... the risk in the rain, and the general loss of cornering stability is too significant, IMHO.

I found the best solution to "street" traction to be the 315/35-17 BFG DR's.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

thnx for the insight guys. i thnk im gonna go with the bfg drs or g-force kd's. im sending my friend to his tire guy to see what he can do for me.
        -ken-
        ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
          And when running sticky tires on the street, you have to accept the fact that they are going to pick up every stone and grain of sand on the road surface, and hurl it into your paint.

I would recommend againat the ET Streets on the "street".... the risk in the rain, and the general loss of cornering stability is too significant, IMHO.

I found the best solution to "street" traction to be the 315/35-17 BFG DR's.
          And as usual, Fred pegs it. The sound of little pebbles flinging against metal in not cool. That's why I always run regular radials to the track and swap them there.

Comment

Working...
          X