Excellent Book!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent Book!

I went to Borders here in Dayton, Ohio and bought this awesome book.

It's a good book for beginners that have no real experience in mechanics.

The Book is CHEVY LS1/LS6 PERFORMANCE by Christopher P Endres made in 2003. An inconspicous thin white book. It contains excellent step by step details on modifying your LS1 engine and improvemtns mods and pros and cons with certain mods. The author is pretty well known in GM High Tech Performance and Hod Rod Magazines. I highly recommend it.

Anyone else reccomend any books similar to this?
    Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

I bought the same book about a week ago. I agree with you, it is definately a good book for the relative novice.
    98 Arrest Me Red Z28 - A4 with 2 washers and B&M SuperCooler, SLP CAI and airbox lid, K&N filter, smooth bellows, WS6 polished wheels (17" x 9"), Power Slot front rotors

Comment

I have a page of "recommended reading" on my website.... the Endres book is on it:

Reference Books

By the way.... appears to be an error in the part of the book that talks about the LS1 injectors. Endres publishes a table showing injector flow rates for 43.5psi and 58psi. He indicates the LS1 injectors operate (correct) and are flow rated (maybe not correct) at 58psi. Racetronix and SLP seem to disagree with Endres, claiming that they operate at 58psi, but are flow rated at 43.5psi.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Hey Fred,

This list of references is awesome. I'll definitely use it to look order some books. Thanks.
        Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

Comment

Working...
        X