synthetic tranny fluid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• synthetic tranny fluid

Are there any benefits or drawbacks to using synthetic or semi-synthetic tranny fluid in a stock car with stock tranny? Is it worth the extra cost?
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Yes, royal purple put a test on a ss camaro and ran the car on a dyno then changed the oil, tranny, rear end, and added one of thier products in the tank. They quoted the price was right at $100 for all of thier synthetic fluids and put it on the dyno and gained just under 20 horse cant beat it. It wont hurt anything it can only help

Comment

Here's an actual test of RedLine tranny and diff fluid on an LT1 WS6 4th Gen... 2.3HP, 0.1lb-ft peak gains.

WS6.com synthetic dyno

I'd tend to be a little skeptical on a manufacturer's "own" tests....

The benefits of synthetics are pretty well proven... "HP" is only part of the story. The synthetics will last longer before "breaking down" the molecular structure, like a conventional oil does. And synthetics will generally resist damage and "burning" at much higher temperatures than conventional oils.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Oh I am so sorry the guys on Horsepower tv ran the test on royal purple same outcome it is well worth it to put synthetic in your car.

Comment

Here's my experience with AMSOIL on my 97 Tahoe. Both differentials and transfer case gave me 98.7 more miles to a tank. Engine and transmission gave me 38 more miles to a tank. On the "road dyno" it no longer shifts in and out of overdrive on the highway at speeds over 70 mph. Changing the automatic transmission fluid really smoothed the truck out. Drivability in the winter's where you will really notice the difference. In the summer, you will notice the temp gauge a little lower.
          Now as an T1 certified AMSOIL Dealer, here's the pitch for AMSOIL. With AMSOIL you CAN extend your change intervals! Others say you MAY be able to. Also, AMSOIL is the only company, to my knowledge, to offer a warranty on their oil. Since they were the first, started in 1972, they have the experience and back ground to make the best!
          Kevin Thornton

91 Z28 Black, 6" cowl hood, 468 ci,
          850? Holley, MSD 6AL, TH 350,
          1989 Trans-Am, Ram-Air hood, 5.7
          TPI, 700r4, 3.27 9 bolt, K&N, No
          screens on MAF, Cat delete,
          Flowmaster cat-back, 245x60 15
          frt, 295x50 15 r
          15.109@91 1/4

Comment

Working...
          X