My First Race...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Race...

The other day i was coming home from a high school basketball game. I was going a little over the speed limit when i saw the unmistakeable camaro tailights in front of me. I pulled out to pass the guy right when i noticed the ss spoiler. When i got right up next to him in the onther lane i pushed in the clutch and gave it a quick rev. Then all h-e-double hockey sticks broke loose. He hit the gas, i hit the gas, and to my suprise i stuck right with him. I have a 94z 6-speed with K&N and Exhust work- but thats it. This was deffinatly an SS I I wasnt loosing. Speeds were well in the triple didgits when we both slowed down, but it was a neck and neck race. I was dumbfounded, shouldnt a 96-97 SS be able to kick the crap out of me. Was his an automatic, does that matter? Im just curious what you guys think (other than its dumb to race on the highway ). Why do you guys think it was so close.

94 Z28 M6
    K&N Intake, 3"Exhaust, and a few extras
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/606041

Re: My First Race...

Originally posted by jbrunk
    The other day i was coming home from a high school basketball game. I was going a little over the speed limit when i saw the unmistakeable camaro tailights in front of me. I pulled out to pass the guy right when i noticed the ss spoiler. When i got right up next to him in the onther lane i pushed in the clutch and gave it a quick rev. Then all h-e-double hockey sticks broke loose. He hit the gas, i hit the gas, and to my suprise i stuck right with him. I have a 94z 6-speed with K&N and Exhust work- but thats it. This was deffinatly an SS I I wasnt loosing. Speeds were well in the triple didgits when we both slowed down, but it was a neck and neck race. I was dumbfounded, shouldnt a 96-97 SS be able to kick the crap out of me. Was his an automatic, does that matter? Im just curious what you guys think (other than its dumb to race on the highway ). Why do you guys think it was so close.
    shame on you.

And SS is not really much different than a Z28... just the ram air and a better exhaust. They also could get better rear diffs and suspension, but with your mods it is easy to believe you kept up with him.

I'm not surprised.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

as far as i know it does make a difference weither or not they have automatics or manuals i coudl be wrogn because i am only a little kid but oh well its my $.02
      1986- honda accord lx 2.0 liter fuel injection 5-speed manual 211,000 miles-sold-
      1986- honda accord dx 2.0 liter carb. 4-speed automatic 200,000 miles-sold-
      1992-mitsubishi eclipse 2.0L DOHC 5 speed manual 16" ar rims -blew up- then i sold it- worse mistake ever (buying it)
      1991 hyundai excel-HA! sold
      1995 dodge neon 1.6 liter,5spd, cold air intake, short throw shift, buger bushings, stiffer motor mounts, strut towers/ anti sway, lowering kit, a couple other perf. mods , sleeper

Comment

idk ... i have to be one of few people that actualy prefer automatic ... thats my .02 any way
        -Nick-
        95 A4 Z28

Comment

U Wanna Run This SS ?

Attached Files
          -[LS1 VORTECH SS]-

Comment

Originally posted by WSmakaveli2003
            U Wanna Run This SS ?

I'll run it but you have to give me a 14 second headstart!
            1994 Formula
            3.23's
            Moroso Cold Air Intake
            G2 High Flow MAF
            Flowmaster Exhaust w/ High-Flo Cat
            1LE Intake Elbow
            Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors
            NGK TR55's, Accel High Performance Coil, Accel Extreme Wires

Comment

hehe
              -[LS1 VORTECH SS]-

Comment

gimme a 5 sec head start and wear a blindfold and we got a deal

Comment

Originally posted by nathanaf8388
                  as far as i know it does make a difference weither or not they have automatics or manuals i coudl be wrogn because i am only a little kid but oh well its my $.02
                  I've heard there is advantages and disadvantages to both. I heard that from a rolling start (ie on a highway) an automatic can pick up a little more torque because its got a different gear ratio(A4 vs M6) and it will drop down to 2nd instead of the M6 that drops to 3rd for example. Although I'm not an expert on this stuff...makes sense. I would think an M6 gets a quicker start off the line also....
                  At a track I think two identical cars, one auto one manual will finish almost the same time with a pro driver or maybe the auto would win by a little. ....still not enough for me to give up the joys of a manual.
                  -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                  98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                  98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                  94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Working...
                  X