Help - 1995 Chevy Camaro V6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - 1995 Chevy Camaro V6

I just bought something I have wanted since I was a wee lad of 16, a 1995 Chevy Camaro. It has a 1994 engine in it (swapped out) with 49K miles.

My question is this: Can someone please explain to me two things:

1) Where the HECK is the power steering fluid check and fill location?

2) Where the HECK is the manual transmission dispstick?

I am one of those people who check fluids regularly --but so far, have not been able to find these two critical components!

Thanks so much,

Robert
    1995 Chevy Camaro, V6, 5-spd Manual - Looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor :-)

hmmm? If I'm not mistaken...the 3.4 in your car is just a updated version of my old 3.1 in my 92...if that's the case then the dipstick for the PS is on the driver side right under the AC compressor. It's really not a dip stick...more like a cap with a stick. Can't miss it...and the tranny dipstick is on the driver side right under the wiper arm...it should be coded yellow. Thats where they we located on my 92 firebird 3.1 Not to say it's in the same place...but check em out. It should tell you in your manual...or go to advance auto parts and look in a haynes manual. good hunting

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Dipstick on a manual transmission?

Don't think so!

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

sorry, I wouldn't know...all I had in my life time are autos. Now if I had a manual for an extended period of time I guess I would.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Thanks for the replies... I have located the power steering reservoir.

Any ideas what type of fluid I should use? Can I use off-the-shelf Wal-Mart stuff or should I stick to Chevy stuff?

Unfortunately, no owners manual came with this car About the only downfall to it...
          1995 Chevy Camaro, V6, 5-spd Manual - Looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor :-)

Comment

Working...
          X