LT4 KM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT4 KM

would it do anything for me with my current mods?
    LT4 HOT cam kit with 1.6rrs
    edelbrock shorty headers
    flowmaster cat back
    CAI
    4.10's
    ed wright reprogramming
    ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

YES!!!

LOL! With that much noise under the hood, it will keep your computer from detecting false knock triggered by noisy exhaust and or valvetrain. I dont think the computer can be programed to avoid false knock when using the LT1 KM, but I could be wrong. I would defenetly get it if I were you, plus its not an expensive nor dificult mod to do. I noticed better high end pull when I swtiched to the LT4 KM, but most will not see any gains in the 1/4. But if I remember correctly, thats for stock or near stock f-bods.....
    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

The LT4 KM was specifically designed to filter the noise from roller rockers. If you do not run it, you run the chance of excessive spark retard and the loss of power that goes along with it. If you wanted to check whether you actually need it, put a scanner on the car and make a few WOT passes.... look for knock retard. If you get any at all, the LT4 KM should help eliminate it. If you are not getting knock retard, you won't need the LT4 KM.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X