Paintshop questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paintshop questions

A few weeks back i posted a thread in which i said that my clearcoat was chipping on the nose of my car. I was told that i would have to get it resprayed because there is no polish or wax to keep this from spreading. Also the rearend of my car also is having a problem from a minor fender bender a few months back(starting to notice cracking of paint). What i have decided to do is to take it to the paintshop and have them remove the nose AND rearend of my car. I want to have the nose stripped and repainted and want the tail to have the same thing done but i want to have the sectioned off portion above the exhaust painted black like on the yellow 2002's limited editions. Anyone have any ideas kind of $ i am looking at spending on a project like that??? Is it worth the $???
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Typical cost to refinish a bumper cover to a factory color is $250-300 each. Is it worth it? You bet. I had to repaint my 97 WS6's front bumper cover due to a crazed racoon that made a mad dash for the front of my car at highway speed. Now it looks as good as new. My 94 Z is in the paint shop right now getting the front and rear bumper covers refreshed. Those parts take a beating and really can detract from the car when chipped and faded.

Comment

Working...
    X