Lt1 Set ups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lt1 Set ups

Hay im going to be getting a lt1 with a t56 for my 69 chevelle soon and i was wondering what set up are peaple running and any sugestions of what i should do to give it more kick. The motor and trans are out of a 97 z28

That sounds like a cool setup! How extreme are you wanting to go?

Comment

It depends on what you want to get out of it, but a lot of guys do some form of an LT4 conversion. LT4 heads, cam, intake, rockers, and timing chain can net you about 400 flywheel hp. I've seen complete conversion kits (minus the timing chain) for about $2200. Throw on some headers and a good exhaust and you've got one sweet, streetable engine.
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

i dont want to go to extream i just want a good motor that can do the 1/4 in around the lower 13s. basicly so i can eat the ricers and the stangers they run around 14s so i want about 13s lol

Comment

A stock LT1 with good intake and exhaust would put you deep into the 13's. An LT4 conversion could net you the 12s. Go somewhere in between, say just do the LT4 cam and rockers, and you should be in the low 13's.
          Dave M
          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

I'm not sure how much your Chevelle weighs, but it were close to the 4th gen f-body's weight, with all bolt-ons and excellent traction, you will see 12s. I've seen several all bolt-on internally stock LT1 f-bodys hit the high 12s. Their mods were
            - cold air induction (SLP, Moroso, or K&N)
            - free flowing exhaust (SLP, Borla, etc.)
            - good headers and y-pipe (SLP, AS&M, etc.)
            - high flow cat or offroad pipe
            - maybe a 52 mm throttle body
            - adjustable fuel pressure regulator
            - lower gears (4.10s for the T56, 3.73s for the 4L60E)
            - drag radials
            - good suspension traction mods (Spohn)
            - computer reprogram (especially for gears and AFPR)
            - free mods: ported MAF, throttle body coolant bypass, etc.
            - tranny mods (i.e. shift kit for A4, etc.)

If you want to touch the motor, 1.6 RRs would do well, but you have to get new valve covers for clearance issues.

It is possible to hit 12s with a VERY low 60' time and good weather conditions. However, this would probably be good for consistent very low 13s.
            94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

ok i was kicking around the idea with some friends about doing a cam and soome head work. After a bit of [*******] around with dyno 2000 i was thinking about putting a crane cam 104224 ( ivl .452 evl .465 ivo 0 ivc 34 evo 47 evc 7 lob center 108 intake duration 214 exhaust duration 234 ) with small tube headers and some head porting. But my consern was is that too strong for a every day car what would you recomend.

I realy want to do a cam.

[*******Note by Moderator - please do no post language like that. This is a "family" oriented board. Thank you for you cooperation.]

Comment

ttt

Comment

214/234 cam too strong?

That is a minimal cam. You can go way bigger than that and still be streetable. A 108 LCA is a lot of valve overlap on that small of a cam and would be pretty difficult to tune on a stock LT1 PCM.

I had a 239/245 cam with *very* ported heads on my LT1 before it got molested, and it drove fine on the street.

But then again my version of *streetable* may differ from yours.

Comment

see i just want a cam that i can run with minale mod but still have the room for improvment. Like i want a cam that can go on a stock motor with some head work and better exhaust but still have a good improvment over stock

Comment

Here is a list of some common mild to moderate hydraulic LT1 cams:

http://www.cmotorsports.com/engine/l...ft-design.html

Anything bigger than the TN-230XL will need a 2800+ stall on the street.

Comment

Working...
                      X