What do you guys think...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think...

I am planning on doing some appearance mods on my car after i am done under the hood and wanted your opinions on a few of my ideas. To give you an idea of what i am working with I have a 1997 White T/A WS-6.

1) Have the front and rear bumper removed to be stripped and repainted due to clear coat chipping and cracking(This is something that has to be done before it gets worse). I am pondering having the sectioned off part above the exhaust on the rear end painted black like on the 2002 limited edition(will have the Corsa Cat-back with the premium dual chrome tips).

2) Shave off the Trans am emblem and door trim like on Gunters T/A.

3) Upgrade the brake rotor to a larger slotted rotor and replace the caliper(still undecided on the color)

4) Replace the 17's with ZO6 rims that have been powdercoated black with a machined lip.

5) Replace the springs and shocks with some that perform better and give the car a lower stance.

Well that is what i have come up with so far... lemme know what you guys think because i believe that this will come together to look pretty slick
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

I like your ideas - I have had many of those ideas on mine as well. Particularly the painting of the lower section of the rear bumper. I lowered my Z28 - looked outstanding but was the one mod I regretted. It scraped on everything - as much as I like the look this one will not be lowered. Unless I make it a third car which is not in the cards right now. I am trying to decide what to do with it because, frankly, I like it just the way it is - but I want to do something to personalize it. I think everything you mentioned would look really slick.

Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Hehe thx. But i don't plan on lowering it any more than one inch. I just think that the stock ride height is a little much. I have also had my share of scraping in a lowered vehicle. i don't think i could stand the sound of my T/A scraping something.
      1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

I think those are great ideas. I really like the black Z06 rim idea. I cant remember seeing a white t/a with black rims. Post pics when get those rims. Pulling the Trans Am emblems could give you a nice sleeper edge. Lowered cars also look great too.
        97 SS #C007
        Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
        SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Working...
        X