spark plugs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plugs

if you buy a better spark plug what will it really do performance wise to your car? If it does something what would be god ones to get cause i need new ones..

thanx

Re: spark plugs

Originally posted by firebird8769
    if you buy a better spark plug what will it really do performance wise to your car? If it does something what would be god ones to get cause i need new ones..

thanx
    weeell...nothing actually...at least nothing for me. BUT, I did notice a much smoother idle and operation.

if you change plugs...gotta get the wires too.

You might pick up a hp or 2...but I didn't notice anything, just the fact that I got some great plugs and wires under the hood. I know if you're boosting or running high volumes of fuel, you'll need the best ignition system out there, so that why plugs and wires come to play...but in normal situations, all your getting out of it is optimal operation.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

New plugs are better than old ones, and you get more mileage out of platinum. If you have a boosted car or shooting N20 in there, you have to get a suitable plug with the right gap. You have to have the right reach and heat range for your engine. Some brands have characteristics that are better suited to your particular setup, etc. than others. Good plug wires are a must. The voltage will always find the easiest path to ground.

But... All the fancy plugs aren't going to up your hp. I work on projects with the R&D guys at Champion & NGK, and they just kind of smile & shake their heads.

Comment

Working...
      X