Cleanin an Engine and other problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleanin an Engine and other problems

ok I have a 350 v8 for my 79 Cam that I need to clean and right now it has no heads , carb, or manifolds on it and is missin some injectors. I just need someones opinion on how they would go about cleanin this thing...
    I was thinkin bout disasembling the thing because I'm gonna have to rebuild it any was but I don't have the money to do it right now.
    Also on my 88 Cam which is fuel injected I've been havin some problems. It stalls sometimes while in nuetral evan when clutch is all the way to the floor (just recently replaced clutch system) which may just be the timing. Also some times it won't start unless I give it gas while I'm turnin the key.
    Any opinion will help me out...
    88 z28 Cam 305 V8 TBI
    79 z28 Cam 350 (still in the works)
    88 i-roc Z28 Cam 350 Tpi
    Keith

To clean the exterior of the engine there are good engine cleaners. I can't think of the name now but I use a can that you spray on. Wait a few minutes and wash it of. It looks great. If you have a lot of grease you might just soak it in dish washing soap for an hour if you can get to it. Just don't get any inside the engine!
    LT4KM, 160 degree TS, MAF ends, TB-bypass
    1.6 Roller Rockers, SLP CAI, LCA, tierod, 17x9" Wheels F/R, 275/40R17 Goodyear F1 tires.
    WS6 Muffler, LS1 Alum. Drive shaft. 21mm rear sway bar
    Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

did you check the clutch switch that lets the car know its depressed? its under the dash where the clutch petal is.

Comment

yeah

yeah I just checked the clutch switch its fine theres nothin wrong with that. 4 in the after noon and I'm just wakin up damn I gotta get better at this summer thing
        88 z28 Cam 305 V8 TBI
        88 i-roc Z28 Cam 350 Tpi
        Keith

Comment

ok you need to check fuel pressure, check the coil and rotor to see if they are corroded, and how does it idle?

is that 305 fi = the tuned port injection? or is it throttle body injection tbi

Comment

sometimes its a jumpy idle but I'm just goin by sound cause my tach is broken it says it idles inbetween 2.5 and 3 which is uh crazy and that I red linie when I hit the gas (meanin to get new gauge cluster. and its TBI I'll check the other stuff this probably tomorow if I wake up before noon
            88 z28 Cam 305 V8 TBI
            88 i-roc Z28 Cam 350 Tpi
            Keith

Comment

the rotor was replaced a few months ago and I just checked the coil and its perfect I just cleaned it off a bit.
              88 z28 Cam 305 V8 TBI
              88 i-roc Z28 Cam 350 Tpi
              Keith

Comment

Working...
              X