No announcement yet.

Time to run her down the first time...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to run her down the first time...

Yes, I've waited and waited, building her and maintaining her. Now, its time. Come this summer, she's runnin' the strip for her first time. I've still got some things I want to do though and wonder if anyone can offer any advice. Here's what's been done so far...
    SLP CAI
    Vortec polished aluminum intake elbow
    SLP throttle-body air foil
    Powermaster 140 amp chrome alternator (for completion lol)
    upgraded street chip (prev. owner has no idea on brand)
    160* thermo
    GMPP 1LE aluminum drive shaft
    SLP bolt-on sub-frame connectors
    Sphon chrome-moly lower-control arms (non-adj.)
    Spohn chrome-moly panhard bar (non-adj.)
    SLP Loud Mouth (Sweet Thunder steel pack in place of resonator)
    BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW tires 245/50ZR16
    I've got some NGK TR55IX irridium spark plugs and Taylor Spiro-Pro 8mm wires that will go on before i take her to the strip. I am also looking at doing the following...
    upgrading to 24lb./hr. flow-matched injectors
    PCM-4-Less custom chip
    Spohn chrome moly adj. torque arm with F & R loops
    Can anyone suggest what else I should or should not do? Thanks a bunch guys and look forward to some videos of her first run.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

High 13's if you drive well. Simply going with a 2 lb/hr bigger injector won't net you any hp. If you are considering any head/cam work in the future just wait until that time and go with a set of injectors that will flow according to your mods.

Comment

The main reason I want to go with the 24lb. injectors is not so much a hp gain but a powerband consideration. I notice that when I take her above 3-3.5k on the tach, it almost feels like she starts to drop off. I know she isn't, but it feels to me that she gets a little lean close to the top. I'm hoping the slightly larger injectors will remedy that. I'm not planning on doing any internal work, wanna see what I can get with just bolt-ons. Now, if I do internal work...I've got that planned out too. Found a place that sells 383 LT1s, short and long blocks. I'd more than likely get one of those and slap an LT4 kit on her, set of long tubes and a custom chip to match (should sound familiar lol). But, I'm sticking with bolt-ons for now. Any other ideas? Thanks for the fast reply.
      Steve

Comment

Are you taking the Grand National too?

Comment

You need headers.

The only real power producing mods you have are the CAI and catback. All your other mods are minimal, if anything. Next step is headers, then a high flow y pipe.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

If the T/A come back to me OK, I'm going with Steve to the strip this summer
            I sure hope she'll run the same as before...just have that bad feeling she'll never be the same.
            I'm looking forward to racing with you there (again, if she actually runs again lol)
            Last time I ran at the strip, nearly 3 years ago, she was bone stock in 85 degree weather, had such bad plugs, that the RPMs wouldn't get past 5500 (had to let off the gas for it to shift), the tranny was slipping and falling apart, and the torque converter was shot. Still hit 100 in the traps

I think we'll definitely look forward to wasting unsuspecting GTs.
            94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Sorry Kevin, no Grand Nasty...this time. I've got more stuff to do to her before i let her loose on the poor, unsuspecting people. Ya know Tracy, I've been thinking about headers, but with the LM as loud as it is, I'm not sure I can get away with it and still have her quiet enough for CA. And yes Craig, it will be time to smash some mudstains lol. If there's any other ideas out there, I'm listening guys. Thanks a bunch for the help.
              Steve

Comment

Working...
              X