Trans Am GT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans Am GT

Yesterday I saw a red 4th Gen LT1 TA and it said "Trans Am GT" on the sides and back. What exactly is a Trans Am GT? I've never seen one before? Was this an option or did he think he has a Mustang or Grand Am?
    1994 Formula
    3.23's
    Moroso Cold Air Intake
    G2 High Flow MAF
    Flowmaster Exhaust w/ High-Flo Cat
    1LE Intake Elbow
    Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors
    NGK TR55's, Accel High Performance Coil, Accel Extreme Wires

in 94 or 95, there were two types of TAs

a TA with a "highrise" spoiler and a TA with a "v6/formula" intergrated spoiler...

obviously, the TA GT is the highrise version...not sure of the differences, but you can tell by just that alone.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

It really was an option in early 4th Gen. I have always wondered what it meant as well.

96 TA Sold!
      87 TA Sold!
      80 Z28 Sold!
      74 Formula Sold!
      73 Z28 Sold!
      69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

I think it may be like the "normal" ls1 t/a compared to the ws6 ls1 t/a. With basicly just apperance mods. i dunno, just throwing stuff out there.
        1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Only in 1994 was there a TA and a TA GT. From the "4th Gen FAQ":

Trans Am GT - available only in 1994, same as the regular Trans Am, but with all the options including "up-level" rear spoiler and GS-C tires coming standard on the car. All 1993 Trans Ams had the GT treatment as standard, but they were not referred to as GTs. In 1995 and after, the treatment got broken down into a number of options like on the Formula.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Top speed is also limited in the nonGT...I think it's 110 tops, whereas the GT wasn't.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Limteng- yea i hate it when people slam the door to. it is like the door is going to break. and what does limteng mean?
              1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Comment

Originally posted by purepwrta
                Limteng- yea i hate it when people slam the door to. it is like the door is going to break. and what does limteng mean?
                I just had people abusing my car...like closing the door with the windows, I hate that too.

Lim Teng actually, it's my Middle and Last name...

Chris

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

when I first started it used to be Chris99TransAm, but for some reason it didn't work..so I had to settle for LimTeng99TransAm. It's gonna change again when "my best friend in the whole wide world" jumps ships and gets his Formula...hehehe.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

How do we change our User ID. Do we have to re regester and everyting.

Comment

Yeah...you gotta redo the whole thing...so you lose everything. I know...it's hard.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I believe it's the early version of a Firehawk

Comment

Originally posted by GMPowered
                          I believe it's the early version of a Firehawk
                          The firehawk was already in existance when the GT came around. The firehawk was started in 91, the GT is a 94 model. Read fred's answer for what a GT is.
                          Dave M
                          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
                          X