How did I get smoked by this car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did I get smoked by this car?

I didn't bother trying to race this car from an 1/8 mile light-to-light because it was dark out & not to keen on street racing. This thing just took off, never would have been able to keep up even if I tried. Once we jumped on the highway with three lanes of clear sailing I was able to suck him up but he was still pretty darn close to me. I shut down at around 100+ because of traffic which was ahead of us. If I had raced this car on a track not sure of the outcome, so watch out for these little Mercedes-Benz's.

http://www.mbusa.com/brand/models/C230K.jsp

Later,
    Eric

It may have been a Mercedes Benz AMG 430 or somthing like that. There is also a new Benz out that runs i think low 12's. but not sure. I saw it a while ago on tv.
    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Re: How did I get smoked by this car?

Originally posted by Eric 97LT4SS
      I didn't bother trying to race this car from an 1/8 mile light-to-light because it was dark out & not to keen on street racing. This thing just took off, never would have been able to keep up even if I tried. Once we jumped on the highway with three lanes of clear sailing I was able to suck him up but he was still pretty darn close to me. I shut down at around 100+ because of traffic which was ahead of us. If I had raced this car on a track not sure of the outcome, so watch out for these little Mercedes-Benz's.

http://www.mbusa.com/brand/models/C230K.jsp

Later,
      Eric

There is no possible way you got smoked by a C230....no possible way...a V6 F-body would smoke it. An AMG E55 is another story...that runs 12's all day long @111+

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

you need a new motor is that M smoked you............

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Its 2.3L/190-hp 200 lb-ft supercharged I-4 provides sprightly performance-Mercedes conserv- atively estimates 0-60 mph in 7.5 sec. The four works best with the six-speed manual gearbox, because the optional five-speed automatic emphasizes supercharger lag. Shift throws for the six-speed feel shorter than in the SLK.
          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

no way that that particular mercedes can keep up with you, a cl500 tried racing me last night but i pointed about 100 yards ahead where a cop was chillin, bet he felt dumb

Comment

Now that I think about it a little longer the M's pillar had three gauges mounted inside so maybe he was spraying. Guess it's easy to say you were smoked when I didn't even put up a fight, but street racing at night in a populated area just didn't make any sense. Not to mention the fact that the last time I power shifted into second the rear just broke loose, so maybe I just need to learn how to properly shift or drive with 360rwhp out back

Comment

Nice Spotting of the Cop, because that's tough to do at night.

Comment

oh i have eagle eyes for those guys
                  i dont have my front license plate on and in new york its a law to have it on so im always checkin around for po po, if i see one i drive granny

Comment

speaking of mercs, I raced my friends CLK320 last night. I smoked him but damn for a v6 that cars got some serious power going on. 215hp v6 engine, almost as much as what a V8 mustang produces. I had him by quite a bit though even though i made a mistake while manually shifting from first to second.
                    93 camaro Z28, A4 auto
                    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503401

"he who hesitates is lost."

Comment

Originally posted by zwrangler
                      speaking of mercs, I raced my friends CLK320 last night. I smoked him but damn for a v6 that cars got some serious power going on. 215hp v6 engine, almost as much as what a V8 mustang produces. I had him by quite a bit though even though i made a mistake while manually shifting from first to second.
                      Another fast v6 is the.....drumroll please.....89-95 Taurus SHO. I own one at the moment, and drove it for a couple of years. 220 hp stock. That Yamaha engine not only has some power, but it just looks sweet too. Check out the picture.
                      Attached Files
                      '95 White Z28 M6 Cold air intake with K&N air filter, air foil, flowmaster cat-back, eaton posi, motive 4.10s, aluminum driveshaft, "skip shift" eliminator, '97 Z28 chrome wheels, hypertech programmed

Comment

Originally posted by Eric 97LT4SS
                        Nice Spotting of the Cop, because that's tough to do at night.
                        I'm not sure about anywhere else but here on Long Island, the cops have bright orange license plates with blue numbers. It's actually pretty damn funny. They're actually easier to see at night because any form of light that hits one of those plates is reflected all over the place and makes them stand out like a sore thumb.

Comment

Working...
                        X