Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need a link or instructions on tv cable adjustment.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a link or instructions on tv cable adjustment.

HI everyone,
    can anyone please provide a link, pics or some detailed instructions on how to adjust my throttle valve (tv) cable in my 1993 camaro z28? I've searched a lot but i can't find anything on the net. Thanks in advance.
    93 camaro Z28, A4 auto
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503401

"he who hesitates is lost."

man, I thought you were talking about Cable Television...LoL

Anyone..help please?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Re: need a link or instructions on tv cable adjustment.

Originally posted by zwrangler
      HI everyone,
      can anyone please provide a link, pics or some detailed instructions on how to adjust my throttle valve (tv) cable in my 1993 camaro z28? I've searched a lot but i can't find anything on the net. Thanks in advance.
      There is a release button on the adjuster by the TB. on my carb'd 86 and 87 Camaros, I used to just adjust it out as far as it would go, then hold the adjustment button while a friend gently pushed the accelerator to the floor. It would pull the adjuster to the proper place. I would then let go of the adjustment button.

I'm sure this is not the textbook way to do it, but it always worked for me. Maybe someone else has a more precise way.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

man, I thought you were talking about Cable Television...LoL
        I pull cable for a living, and that's the first thing that came to mind for me too....I thought I could actually help someone out on this forum rather than me getting help....LOL

Aaron
        '95 White Z28 M6 Cold air intake with K&N air filter, air foil, flowmaster cat-back, eaton posi, motive 4.10s, aluminum driveshaft, "skip shift" eliminator, '97 Z28 chrome wheels, hypertech programmed

Comment

back on 6/7/01 knightfire replied to a question regarding tv cable adjustment on 93 lt1. he is a member on the board.suggest contacting him. hope this will help you..
          1993 Z-28 A4, Flowmaster 3" single out the side,Suncoast Ram air hood,K&N filter.

Comment

okay I figured out how to adjust the Tv cable from your instructions TraceZ but what do I adjust it to? I fiddled with the tv cable and adjusted it a few times and its really bad now, even worse then before Am I supposed to have someone step on the pedal to the floor and then adjust the tv cable towards the firewall or away from the firewall?? does anyone know how to get it just right ? thanks for all the help.
            93 camaro Z28, A4 auto

Comment

No.... you don't "move" the cable during the second part of the adjustment procedure, it moves itself to the proper position. TraceZ gave you the text book procedure for the proper tv cable adjustment. Re-read TraceZ's reply and follow the directions. The only possible difference in procedure that I am aware of is.... on some tv cables, the adjustment lock is released (or pushed back in depending on the cable) prior to opening the throttle valve.

Also, You don't need someone else to step on the accelerator, just take your hand and open the throttle right there under the hood.

One more thing....this is all done without the engine running....

Comment

OKay I adjusted the cable the way described and the car is still running like crap. I'm not sure how to describe it but the cable kinda sags and is loose even when i tighten it as much as it can go. I had the transmission done a while ago and since its had these problems. Could it be that it needs a shorter tv cable or something? and if i do need to change the tv cable, can anyone tell me how much is would cost around?? Oh, Thanks for all the help to everyone who helped me out.
                93 camaro Z28, A4 auto

Comment

Originally posted by zwrangler
                  OKay I adjusted the cable the way described and the car is still running like crap. I'm not sure how to describe it but the cable kinda sags and is loose even when i tighten it as much as it can go. I had the transmission done a while ago and since its had these problems. Could it be that it needs a shorter tv cable or something? and if i do need to change the tv cable, can anyone tell me how much is would cost around?? Oh, Thanks for all the help to everyone who helped me out.
                  Is the TV cable properly installed into the transmission? Maybe the guy never hooked it back up properly. It should not just sag, it should feel spring loaded.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:
                  SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                    Is the TV cable properly installed into the transmission? Maybe the guy never hooked it back up properly. It should not just sag, it should feel spring loaded.
                    well i'm really not sure if its been installed properly. I'll take the car to the dealership on thursday and hopefully they'll be able to shed some light on whats happening. AS it is right now, put it this way, there absolutely no difference if i have the accelerator pedal half way down or fully plastered to the floor, it still performs the same and climbs slowly as hell. Only way i'm getting good performance is holding it in gears and shifting it manually. I guess it'll have to wait till thursday to know for sure. I really do appreciate your help TraceZ. thanks.
                    93 camaro Z28, A4 auto

Comment

I think Tracez is correct....sounds like the tech didn't get the tv cable installed correctly in the transmission end...It's an easy thing to have happen but a good tech always double checks those things....

Comment

Working...
                      X