Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just when you thought you had seen it all!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just when you thought you had seen it all!

Can we say quad turbo!

This page takes a little while to load but worth the reading!

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/eng...05em_turbo_bb/

That is insane... completely insane... Reminds me of something I wanted to do... except my idea involved different size turbos and a sequential system for full boost throughout the RPMs... Then I read up on RX7s... Mazda had been there done that...
    1996 Camaro- L36, 5 spd, intake, Pacesetter headers, Flowmaster 80 series

My name is George, and I am an audiophile.

Anyone interested in an Xtant X603 multi-channel amp? Let me know...

Comment

Richard Harvey Jr.
      '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Ah turbo schmurbo.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

I hate to even think how much money went into the creation of that beast!

Comment

That article is at least 2 years old[if not 3],he took the car out at the end of the season ran very inconsistantly and not that fast.

Haven't heard anything about since,must be having HUGE problems tuning and hooking up!!!!!
            94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Ditto.... I have the original issue of that magazine from about 2 years ago. Never heard any more about the engine. Everybody's building 2,000HP engines.... but how many are actually "running".
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Ehh ill take a Bugatti EB110 qaud turbo over that anyday now thats a car that runs

Comment

Wasn't trying to pawn it off as a new article
                  I knew it was several years old.
                  Just thought there was some interesting info in it, that is all.

Comment

Never said you were,we are just updating the article for everyone!!!!!
                    94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

No worries TimeLord

It's pretty cool to read about peoples past trial and error drag cars. I have learned alot in the last year by doing lot's of research on car's that have failed and cars that have succeeded.

I hope one day people will look back to me as a succesful reference!

Comment

Speakin of quad turbo setups, how about Chrysler's new supercar, the ME Four-Twelve? A 6.0L V12 (built by the MB AMG division... of course...) with 4 turbos... Everything I've read has been positive hype... Supposedly, it should show the McLaren F1 and Ferrari Enzo a thing or two...
                        1996 Camaro- L36, 5 spd, intake, Pacesetter headers, Flowmaster 80 series

My name is George, and I am an audiophile.

Anyone interested in an Xtant X603 multi-channel amp? Let me know...

Comment

Working...
                        X