Transmission questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission questions

Are the transmissions different in the 98+ f-bodies than in the 93-97 as far as the 6 spd? Will an LS1 bolt up to the 6 spd tranny in a pre 1998 f-body?
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

The trannies should be the same, but if you're thinking about dropping an LS-1 into your 97, you're going to have hood clearance issues, and probably a host of technical issues that I can't even begin to comprehend (wiring harnesses, sensors, cooling system, etc).
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Well i believe that if it is done it will require a new fascia, hood, fenders, tranny ( i was told the pre 98 6 spd won't mate), motor mounts, wiring harness, and a few other things.

I was just wondering cuz i am planning a project with the car and i figured that by the time i got done fully building a LS1 and have everything required to drop it in i would be about a year or two down the road and it would be fun to work on in my spare time. And once i get the LS1 done and convert the car to a 98+ body( I actually prefer the 98+style) i can yank the LT1 and tranny and sell it or just keep it in the garage.

I tried searching a few boards but i couldn't find any info on anyone ever doing a swap.
      1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Working...
      X