Gatornationals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatornationals

Got back last night from the Gatornats just in time to see the end of the Sebring race as well.

The all new track surface seemed to be causing a few problems. Speeds and ETs were a little low in Top Fuel. I don't think we saw a sub 4.60 run. Many cars were shaking the tires about 200 ft out. A few flame shows and the resulting track cleanup, great sunny weather, all in all a geat day.

I did see the quickest run for the Harley V-twin prostock bike at 7.08. Those sound so bad compared to the typical Suzukis that fill the ranks. The Suzukis whine at higher rpms like ricers, the Harley has that lower rpm muscle type sound. Definately a Harley sound on steroids. This scene is much like the musclecar vs rice with the way it sounds.

When I got home and pulled into the driveway, I watched the last half hour of the 12 hrs of Sebring. It's kinda funny watching it on the TV in the garage while looking outside and seeing it live. For those of you that didn't realize it, I have an unobstructed view of the track from my house. The track is about ¼ mile max from my place and is just on the other side of a fence that is protected by a rather large bull. I am still for him to become hamburger..... a few years ago when I broke at the track, if it weren't for him, I could have simply hopped the fence to get home and get the truck. Instead, I had to go the long way around the property was about a mile total. Anyway, the end of the race was capped off with a fireworks display. What a great end to a total racing day. You guys didn't even miss me, did ya? Didn't think so.......

Joe?...Joe who?

Sounds like it was a fun day.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Re: Gatornationals

Originally posted by Joe 1320

I did see the quickest run for the Harley V-twin prostock bike at 7.08. Those sound so bad compared to the typical Suzukis that fill the ranks. The Suzukis whine at higher rpms like ricers, the Harley has that lower rpm muscle type sound. Definately a Harley sound on steroids. This scene is much like the musclecar vs rice with the way it sounds.

I was glad to see a Harley get to the winners circle...Andrew Hines riding the V-rod came within .02 of setting a national ET record for the prostock bikes....
      Finally some AMERICAN THUNDER in the bike drags !!!!

Comment

Working...
      X