I need an estimate.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need an estimate.......

Can anyone tell me how much it would cost to convert a 95 Trans Am to the 98-2002 body style? What would i need and where could i get the stuff? Thanks in advance.

why in the heck would you want to do that? be proud of your pre-98..... no offense to any of the 98+ folks..but i liked the body style of the 97 back better......

you will have to spend some major bucks.... you are better off just selling your car and buying a 98 or better.... dont forget, your interior will be 90 and back.....

just my 2 cents.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I just like the nose of the 98+ more. It has a meaner look to it. I've also been told that the LT1 is a much stronger motor than the LS1.

Comment

Originally posted by Storms Of War
        I just like the nose of the 98+ more. It has a meaner look to it. I've also been told that the LT1 is a much stronger motor than the LS1.
        the LS1 is stronger my friend. the LT1 has a little more low end torque...thats all.

in order to run as strong as an LS1..you need to do cam, headers with roller rocks and some other stuff.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I was told that the LS1 isn't able to tolerate as much punishment because of some aluminum parts and what not. The guy who told me this stuff told me that the LT1 has a cast iron block (i think that's what it is) and can be beat on more.

Comment

Originally posted by Storms Of War
            I was told that the LS1 isn't able to tolerate as much punishment because of some aluminum parts and what not. The guy who told me this stuff told me that the cast iron block (i think that's what it is) is able to be beat on more.
            The LS1 is a totally different animal all together. Far superior head design, 6bolt mains. U can make power with both engines, the LS1 parts cost more...but you are starting with more from the get go. You can make big power with an LT1 as well....ask Injuneer. As for your front end swap...unless you can find a donor car, I would advise against it. You would need a whole new front clip/fenders/headlights/wiring etc.

Comment

Stop listening to your friend !!

Sorry,couldn't resist!!!
              94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

From what I've heard, the radiator support needs to be swapped too. Doesnt that require cutting and welding?
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:
                SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Plus the LT1 body style is sooo much more sleek and sleeper like. Just throw at ws6 or predator hood on and it will look so much more meaner than a LS1 ws6. Plus atleats where i live in chicago you dont see many lt1 trans am's let alone a ws6 lt1 everybody has a ls1. Be unique with the car. Dont change the body. If you want to put serious money into the exterior get a hood, wheels, and a bad azz paint scheme. IMHO
                  1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

I am going to convert my 97 WS6 front end into a 98-02 WS6 front end. I also think it looks much better.

For the fenders, aftermarket 4" cowl WS6 style hood, front bumper cover, new mounting brackets, paint, labor, etc.

Everything will only cost you about $1400-1800 depending on what hood you decide to go with. That will include having the entire front end painted! 98-02 WS6 hoods can be had for less than $350 on the net.

Small price to pay if you ask me to have the killer look of the 98-02 front end.

Check out his link Storms:

http://www.dav-electronics.com/rare_bird.htm

Comment

I have been looking at changing the front end myself (only to accomodate an LS1) and after getting all the parts priced it came out to be $2000 without paint or labor.

http://www.fbodyextreme.com/94_98conv.asp

Heres a very helpful link.
                        1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

It really depends on how much you pay for things like the hood, front bumper cover, and front impact absorber.

Brand new these things can be pricey but if you look in the right place (ebay), they can be had for a fraction of the new price.
                          Just gotta do your homework!!

Comment

fastTA- well if you are doing the conversion you wanna hook me up with the hood. what color is it.
                            1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                              I am going to convert my 97 WS6 front end into a 98-02 WS6 front end. I also think it looks much better.

For the fenders, aftermarket 4" cowl WS6 style hood, front bumper cover, new mounting brackets, paint, labor, etc.

Everything will only cost you about $1400-1800 depending on what hood you decide to go with. That will include having the entire front end painted! 98-02 WS6 hoods can be had for less than $350 on the net.

Small price to pay if you ask me to have the killer look of the 98-02 front end.

Check out his link Storms:

http://www.dav-electronics.com/rare_bird.htm
                              *Drool* Thank you. Thanks to ws6drbob also. Thanks a lot guys. I should be getting around $4,000 when i graduate from high school in June so we'll see what happens then.

Comment

Working...
                              X