So what is wrong?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what is wrong?

I am making the power that I should be now, which is good... but there is still something not quite right.

My wheel hop has gotten pretty bad. I no longer chirp the 1-2 shift -- I hop it.

I am leaving a solid 2 tire skid mark on the burnout... so what is left? Tranny mount?
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Stiffer lca's, adjustable TA to go with a slightly more agressive pinion angle for starters.

When I was making similar power to you my first gear on my 4L60E was absolutely worthless on the street.

I changed to the Eibach drag springs and BMR boxed lca's and walla hooked like a mutha. This was on a factory TA too.

Stiffer tranny mount will also help but does create alot more road noise.

Comment

Man, if it isn't one thing then it's another... lol... this racing stuff is expensive

I am not convinced though that something didn't go wrong. Because this wheel hop started last fall, before I was putting out this much power.
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Hmmmm..... might want to give your rear axle torque arm a look over for cracks. I started having the same problem then one day i was getting on it and grabbed second only to hear a loud pop and have my car sink 2 inches in the rear. Upon inspection I found that i had snapped my rear axle torque arm in a few places
        1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

4th gen f-bodies are unfortunately well known for excessive wheel hop.

Have you looked to see if your rubber bushings on the stock lca's are in good shape and not damaged?

Comment

Hehe as far as it being one thing or another i can totally feel ya there i have had to spend so much money over the past 2 years on my car it is rediculous. I think around 5k in just oem parts and a lil labor . At one point something was breaking at least once a month lol.
            1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Working...
            X