ta-dah! rear end ready

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ta-dah! rear end ready

Just a for some final suspension pieces to arrive in the mail and hopefully I will put it in this weekend. I spent all day on saturday setting the gears up. This one was a PITA. I put it together and took it apart 5 times in order to get the backlash and gear tracking right. I think its gonna work out well. Just for the record though........its not worth the 500 or 600 hundred dollar savings over Moser, unless you just like to do it for the challenge.

oh......for those that dont know, these are pics of the 12 bolt rear that I built.
    Attached Files
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

heres another pic....
    Attached Files
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle

Comment

one more.....
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice, man!!
        1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
        Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
        Trans: TH700R4
        Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

thanks. I 've got a lot of time there.

Comment

N20,

I'm very close in getting my T56 conversion kit off ebay. I remember you said something about how you converted your A4 to an M6. Is there anything I should know about before I go ahead with the purchase? Does the kit come with everything? What do I need?
            Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Re: ta-dah! rear end ready

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
              .....Just for the record though........its not worth the 500 or 600 hundred dollar savings over Moser, unless you just like to do it for the challenge.
              True....but just think of the overwhelming satisfaction and pride you will have once you get it in!

Not to mention the experience and knowledge you obtained by doing this yourself.

Looks good man!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                N20,

I'm very close in getting my T56 conversion kit off ebay. I remember you said something about how you converted your A4 to an M6. Is there anything I should know about before I go ahead with the purchase? Does the kit come with everything? What do I need?
                To be a complete kit, it should include:
                Trans
                Bellhousing
                Shift fork and pivot ball
                Master/slave cylinder
                Shifter and shifter boot
                Console insert
                M6 Crossmember
                Pedal assembly
                CLutch, press plate, T.O. Bearing, Pilot bearing

My "kit" was missing a few of these items and I had to buy them. Most of the time, you'll have to buy your own clutch stuff, but that list is everything you need. If you PM me the link on ebay, I will take a look for you, or if you have questions on the install, let me know. I remember it well One thing I will tell you off the bat is that you have to reinforce the firewall where the master cylinder bolts up. You'll want to make it stronger for the constant pushing of the clutch pedal.

Comment

Re: Re: ta-dah! rear end ready

Originally posted by fastTA
                  True....but just think of the overwhelming satisfaction and pride you will have once you get it in!

Not to mention the experience and knowledge you obtained by doing this yourself.

Looks good man!
                  Yeah. it will be nice once I get it in - hopfully without incident.

Comment

Looks real good!

How did you attach the "block" that appears to serve as the TA mount?
                    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

The TA mount is 6 inch c-channel that I milled to 5.850. I took off equal amounts on both sides. I then built two brackets: One is bolted through the housing up front, the other attaches through two cover bolts on the rear. The back part of the rear bracket is removable so that the cover can be taken off easily. It seems like its gonna be pretty strong. Its hard to see in the pic, but here it is:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Is that 3/8" c-channel?

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                          Is that 3/8" c-channel?
                          Yup, the wall thickness is 3/8".

Comment

Working...
                          X