car accident ... repair costs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car accident ... repair costs?

messed up my car pretty bad today, some guy cut me off them slams on his brakes and i end up in his bumper. he didn't hit the car in front of him, so it's my fault, and i only have liability.

just from looking at it it needs a new hood, front bumper, both front quarter panels, headlights, and possibly a new radiator support, probably some other little stuff too. good news is i have a ws.6 hood in my garage that i've been wanting to put on. so minus the cost of the hood, how much do you think it's gonna run me? it's a decent body shop, they would have to paint it too. unfortunately i think it's going to cost much more than i can afford, so i might end up just selling my parts and scraping my baby

Re: car accident ... repair costs?

Originally posted by mcG
    messed up my car pretty bad today, some guy cut me off them slams on his brakes and i end up in his bumper. he didn't hit the car in front of him, so it's my fault, and i only have liability.

just from looking at it it needs a new hood, front bumper, both front quarter panels, headlights, and possibly a new radiator support, probably some other little stuff too. good news is i have a ws.6 hood in my garage that i've been wanting to put on. so minus the cost of the hood, how much do you think it's gonna run me? it's a decent body shop, they would have to paint it too. unfortunately i think it's going to cost much more than i can afford, so i might end up just selling my parts and scraping my baby
    I'd start by removing all damaged parts, and get an idea for the true extent of the damage. Them watch for a deal on a front clip. You might need to have the front pulled out at a body shop.

I fixed a car myself once... I had a bodyshop straiten the frame, and I pieced it back together slowly.

Black paint is easy to match. I'd even paint it myself, use lots of clearcoat and wetsand the crap out of it. I bet I could have it fixed for $750 - $1500 depending on the extent of damage to the radiator support and headlight assemblies.

Look at the bright side... its a good time to install that new hood Dont give up. Just get the thing straitened out and bolt up the new parts... paint can be done later.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

5k + !!!!

Don't know why,these cost a fortune to fix?

Farmer2 on F-Body owners ran into the back of a pick up truck and needed about the same in repairs,engine was untouched and they had over 12K to fix it,insurance scrapped it finally .
      94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Don't give up on your car. I had an accident a little over a year ago and didn't have full coverage. I got a lot of parts of e-bay. Its amazing how cheap you can pick stuff up. Especially the little stuff that really adds up. I just got all the stuff I needed intalled them then had it profesionally painted.
        1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Working...
        X