swapping 98 t/a LS1 into a 95 3.4 bird

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swapping 98 t/a LS1 into a 95 3.4 bird

Can someone please tell me if this is even worth doing? My buddy wrecked his 98 T/A about a week ago and is going to replace it with another F-body. He has offered me his complete 98 T/A for $1900 to swap the drivetrain into my 95 firebird with a 3.4L. Can I do this? If so, what do I need to accomplish this? The T/A was wrecked into one of those gas, food, and lodging signs on the interstate, sustaining damage to the right front wheel and suspension. The engine appears to be okay. The only thing i am worried about is the PCM, which is now located almost in the dash after the accident. He has offered to reduce the price if the PCM is bad. Anyone with any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Please email me at ponchoboi@aol.com with any input. Thank you.

Brian

You need the engine/tranny/all wiring harnesses/PCM/and a bunch of other stuff,it is doable with patience!!!!
    94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Re: swapping 98 t/a LS1 into a 95 3.4 bird

Originally posted by ponchoboy
      Can someone please tell me if this is even worth doing? My buddy wrecked his 98 T/A about a week ago and is going to replace it with another F-body. He has offered me his complete 98 T/A for $1900 to swap the drivetrain into my 95 firebird with a 3.4L. Can I do this? If so, what do I need to accomplish this? The T/A was wrecked into one of those gas, food, and lodging signs on the interstate, sustaining damage to the right front wheel and suspension. The engine appears to be okay. The only thing i am worried about is the PCM, which is now located almost in the dash after the accident. He has offered to reduce the price if the PCM is bad. Anyone with any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Please email me at ponchoboi@aol.com with any input. Thank you.

Brian
      If you have a complete donor car and feel ambitous, YES, it is worth doing it.
      The list of items to swap is really long.... If you can think of it, you'll need to swap it. That includes the engine, transmission, driveshaft, motor mounts, crossmember, radiator (i think)... rear axle... PCM, harness...

You could probably part out the rest of it and make up some of the expenses too.

Without a complete donor car, I would never consider the swap.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

A complete LS1 car for 1900 - go for it. If you have a complete donor car, you know you have all the parts. Its gonna be a PITA, but you cant go wrong for 1900. One thing you DONT want to swap is the emblems. Keep it on the down low - sleeper style
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

thanks

thanks for your input everyone. more info is welcome also. thanks
          brian

Comment

Working...
          X