Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB: remember my thread about the guy who was leaning on my GTO...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KnightFire
    We're in complete agreement friend...in fact if I were this Mr. Brock I would consider myself lucky that the infraction was done to N20LT4Bird's car whom of course handled the situation with perfect success and tact.

I'm a bit more of a brute in those regards and lets say my tactfullness would have been in question, but the message would have definately been recieved.

Kudos to you N20LT4Bird...you were able to keep things in check and still convey your feelings of displeasure...My reaction on the other hand...well thats another matter.

KnightFire
    Well. like I said in my original post, self control got the better of me. Not that it didnt cross my mind, but I would have felt bad stuffing that old guy into the trunk of his own car and sending it careening down the hill. I have grown up in a family of very strong broad shouldered men. My father always taught me that part of being physically strong is knowing when to use your strength - this was probably not one of those times. I would have regretted it later of course. But it would have made for a better story
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

A litlle of the subject but I need to vent on a similar experiance this weekend.
      I drove the Bird convertable to Gainesville for Gatornationals last weekend because the weather was soooo nice.
      We parked in the gold key parking area which is for vendors and sponsors only.
      Some hillbillys parked next to us in a Geo Tracker or something like that and proceded to have a picnic around our car.
      I noticed one or two of the lowlifes kept bumping into my car with a brewsky in hand. I wanted to say something but figured that the minute I left they would key my car up one side and down the other.I left and set the alarm.
      My wife went back to car later for some snacks and noticed the alarm had been
      tripped at sometime,and one of the lowlifes said to her"sorry I leaned on your car a couple of times and set the alarm off, but the third time I leaned on it it didnt go off." She didnt tell me this until we were on the way out of parking lot as she knew it wouldnt be a pretty sight.

Comment

Thing that gets me when I hear these stories, is the way people are all hyper-sensitive about the things people say these days. When to me, disrespectful actions like these are far more offensive than some clown running off at the mouth. When somebody says something "offensive" in my presence, I just write it off to the foolish source it comes from. When jerks start messin with your stuff, or even worse your family (like a 2-1/2 ton SUV 1-2 car lengths from the bumper of your Z at 75-80), they deserve to be confronted about it. If they then proceed to start lippin off, well thats another story

Sean
        1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeLord
          I never said I held him in high regard nor did anyone else...

Nor did I mean to infer that you did. I am sure there are some that do...somewhere.
          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

C L !!!!
            94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Working...
            X