nfb:need help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb:need help

if anyone can help me it would be great i know its not and f-body i but. i am looking for a 83 olds hurst in black if anyone knows of one for sale or any web site for olds that would be great
    thanks for your time
    jon
    1995 formula firebird
    mods k&n fipk ,flowmaster catback, 52mm throttle body, crane hi-6 with lx92 coil,mad dog tranny with trans cooler

I know of an 84 T-Type, but its in NY and needs restoration.

96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

ALL 83's were black on top, and silver on the bottom.
      84's were flip floped, silver on top, black on the bottom.

My dad has an 83... totally mint with a 455 in it. It's got the burgundy interior with lightning rod shifters and t-tops.

I think he might sell it for the right price.. I'm sure it is one of the nicest ones around.. never seen any salt with the original floormats in it perfect. It is a repaint. The original owner polished the paint off, and the metal was showing on the edges.

He is going to want a good amount of money for it. It is about 550 hp. You may not be willing to pay his price. I'm guessing over 12 grand, he may want more.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

thanx the car is not actualy for me its for a guy i know i dont know how high hes willing to go but if you could post some pics of it that be great
        thanx jon
        1995 formula firebird
        mods k&n fipk ,flowmaster catback, 52mm throttle body, crane hi-6 with lx92 coil,mad dog tranny with trans cooler

Comment

Originally posted by formula14.18
          thanx the car is not actualy for me its for a guy i know i dont know how high hes willing to go but if you could post some pics of it that be great
          thanx jon
          It looks exactly like a showroom stock brand new 1983 Hurst olds. It is perfect. They all look exactly the same... If you've seen one you've seen them all. They intended to build 2000 of them, but demand was such that they ended up building more. They ran out of interiors after a while and started using colors other than the burgundy and skipping the special dash clock.

My dads is one of the original ones with the burgundy interior and special clock.

Here are some pice of one *like* his. Not actually his.... But in all honesty, this one looks *exactly* like it. If he gave me these pictures and told me they were his car, I would believe him... Only his has a killer 455 under the hood.

We picked his 455 out of a 1970 with the towing package so it got a steel crank. His was rebuilt and hopped up a bit. It has ported and polished "C" casting heads on it from a 69 Toronado. It has an edelbrock cam, intake and carb. After a couple summers the transmission was dead, and he spent a ton on a bulletproof rebuild. Then on a 1-2 shift the ring gear in the rearend broke and he had the gears replaced with stronger aftermarket ones. The engine is a tight fit in the engine bay. It does not have headers because we couldnt find any to fit a big block olds in a g-body.. It has a high flow cat and big catback exhaust with performance mufflers. The pipes exit in the factory locations and look stock. He sold the original 307.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I want a set of lightning rods to use in my GN. They are especially handy if you use a trans brake that is activated off the low gear shift.

Comment

I just called my Dad..... He says he'd take 15 for it, no less. I have no idea what they sell for, or how realistic his price is.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
              X