Vibration problems..............

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration problems..............

Hey fellas.......it's been awhile since i've been on here.....Anyhow, i have a 97 T/A with about 110xxx. About a month or two ago i put a different stock Y-pipe on the car. The y-pipe works great and the cats are functional. The problem was after that i could feel a vibration under the car at idle. I took it to an exhaust shop and had him readjust the flowmaster catback so it wasnt hitting the floorboard anymore. He said somethinga bout puttin a hanger on the crossmember that runs over the intermediate pipe to give it more room i think.
    Now the vibration isn't as bad, but it is still there and annoying. Everytime i slow down at a light and the tack hits 1000 rpm it vibrates the whole middle console and makes it rattle a little. It does it in drive when i slow down and come close to a stop....but when i stop it goes away. It is just a certain spot on the tack. Above or below it does not vibrate. Do you guys think it is still the exhaust hitting or could it be something else? Thanks in advance for the help guys!!
    Jason

There are SO many places that the exhaust can hit something. ANY good tech should be able to pinpoint this just by letting it idle in park or neutral. It is also possible that the new convertor is cracked inside and making the noise. Good luck.

Phil

Comment

Probably already considered this one, but are you certain all the y-pipe bolts are tight at the exhaust manifold??
      2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

Working...
      X