Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Know a Good Mechanic in Chicago Area?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Know a Good Mechanic in Chicago Area?

I was wondering if anyone knows a good mechanic that you would recommend near the Chicago area that I could have check out a few issues on my car. Or would you suggest I just shell out the gobs of cash at the dealer? I'm sick of different mechanics lying about stuff and taking my money.

Thanks!
    1994 Formula
    3.23's
    Moroso Cold Air Intake
    G2 High Flow MAF
    Flowmaster Exhaust w/ High-Flo Cat
    1LE Intake Elbow
    Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors
    NGK TR55's, Accel High Performance Coil, Accel Extreme Wires

I guess it depends on what kind of issues you are having. The best performance shop for f-bodies in the midwest is in Schaumburg. Speed, Inc.

www.ls1speed.com
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

There's a place in Orland Park where I take my car. It's on 159th & Harlem. It's called Power House Perforamce. They specialize in F-bodys and Vettes. They're converting my A4 to M6 this Spring. They're real good guys.

Ask for Chris, 708-342-0043

Tell them I sentcha'

Taso
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Off-topic:

So 708 is a Chicagoland area code, huh? Interesting, because I got a completely random drunk dial last night from a girl from the 708 area code. She asked me my name, and when I told her "Jay", she said, "ok... ummm... bye." I think she might have thought I said "gay". hahaha...
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

708 is an area code for south suburbs of Chicago. Chicago has 2 main area codes: 312 & 773.

If that girl called from a 708 area code she's definetely from the south suburbs.
          Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Yea 708 is like the south suburbs cuz I live in schaumburg, and that is a NW burb. My area code use to be 708 but a few years ago they changed it to 847. Anyways, Speed Inc. is really good, but they CAN screw up stuff. I had them put in a cut out om y t/a and they hacked into the drive shaft and when i left they didnt tell me and I ripped my car, and the driveshaft broke right in the middle of a busy road. I had to get my car towed to a mechnic that was only like 2 miles away and it was 70 freakin bucks. But then Speed Inc. made it up to me buy installing a cam for free. Just kidding, i wish. They gave me a LS1 drive shaft for free, paid me back for the towing, labor on the driveshaft to be put in, and the labor for the cut out being put on. So they redeem them selves if they screw up. I would and have gone back there since.
            Later
            Tom
            1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

hey don't forget us here in the western burbs @ 630. I remeber about 10 year ago we only had 312 and 708. know 312, 773, 630, 847 and the phone company wanted to add a new area code to the burbs next year. that alot of area codes to rember.

Brian
              2 firebirds are better the 1.

Comment

there is a guy that works on my car all the time his shop is called LRE <legend racing enterprise> he works on alot of f-body he knows his shit. his price is very reasonable and only gets the best parts if you wanna check it out hit me back.

Comment

Working...
                X