Fuel line removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel line removal

I need to remove my fuel lines from the fuel rail; is there a special tool available that I could purchase from from Napa or Auto zone or any other parts store?

Thanks
    97' SS #497 1 of 50 White Hardtop M6,stock TB reworked to 52mm,SLP CC shorties, Random Tech DC Y-pipe, LT4KM, Taylor Spiro's and NGK's, BMR Adj Lcr's, TA, Boxed SFC's, Adj PHR, Floorpan brace w/ driveshaft loop, STB, GM 4:10'S, 1LE alum DS, Eibach 35mm front swaybar and Pro-Kit Springs, Bilstein HD's, Lou's speed stick with Hurst ball,LS1 front brakes, Earl's lines, Hawk Pads, BMR relocation brackets.

Got mine from Napa...the supply line is 3/8" and return is 5/16". They are 2 small plastic tabs. Cost around $6-$7. Good luck.
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Just the possibility of saving you some work.... what are you doing that requires you to disconnect the fuel lines? Some maintenance can be done without disconnecting the lines from the rails, including injector changes, FPR replacement, intake manifold removal, etc.

And to clarify.... are you actually removing the hard lines from the rail, or are you simply disconnecting the flexible plastic lines where they connect to the hard lines.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Fred,

I have to replace the flexible plastic lines due to one of them being melted when I was having my subframe connectors welded on. I told the guy to stay clear of the fuel line on the drivers side but unfortunatly he was in a hurry. I guess I would have been smart to wrap that area of the lines with a thin piece of sheet metal first before I brought him the car. The whole fuel line assembly (3 lines) has to be replaced.
        97' SS #497 1 of 50 White Hardtop M6,stock TB reworked to 52mm,SLP CC shorties, Random Tech DC Y-pipe, LT4KM, Taylor Spiro's and NGK's, BMR Adj Lcr's, TA, Boxed SFC's, Adj PHR, Floorpan brace w/ driveshaft loop, STB, GM 4:10'S, 1LE alum DS, Eibach 35mm front swaybar and Pro-Kit Springs, Bilstein HD's, Lou's speed stick with Hurst ball,LS1 front brakes, Earl's lines, Hawk Pads, BMR relocation brackets.

Comment

The little Lisle tool works well.
          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Lisle is a brand name for the tool, correct? Is that the white plastic piece on the fuel line?

Comment

Originally posted by 97ss497
              Lisle is a brand name for the tool, correct? Is that the white plastic piece on the fuel line?
              Yes, the Lisle brand. Like the set below.

Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Shoebox where did you get yours! I need a set.

Thanks Lee!
                Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Lee'S 1997 Z28
                  Shoebox where did you get yours! I need a set.

Thanks Lee!
                  I got mine at Pep Boys, but I have seen them at a lot of auto parts stores.

Comment

Working...
                  X