• LT1 HP

How much HP does the LT1 have in a 95 Formula. Thanks

Phil

275 when it was new...

Comment

Thanks........I like that........when it was new......LOL

Phil

Comment

Some 95's got dual cats. If that is the case... 285.

The only way to tell is to get on the ground and look under it.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

The "CA emissions" A4 models had dual cats, but I was living in CA at the time, and as far as I know they carried the same factory HP rating as all the other 95's. Remember, they added the dual cats, but they probably also altered the PCM tuning.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
            The "CA emissions" A4 models had dual cats, but I was living in CA at the time, and as far as I know they carried the same factory HP rating as all the other 95's. Remember, they added the dual cats, but they probably also altered the PCM tuning.
            A 95 with dual cats is to my knowlege the same car as a 96, which was rated at a higher horsepower. I guess the PCM may have been tuned differently, but I doubt it. I think GM most likely didnt bother to list two different ratings for the year, and just stayed with 275 to make it simpler. Horsepower raings from manufacturers are not really all that accurate. Look at he LS1...
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I also thought of mentioning the dual cat CA model, but I saw that he was from VA, so I declined to mention it.

Comment

So is that why some catbacks will say 93-95 single cat and then also have one thats 95-97 dual cat ?? cuz that has always confused me .... good thing i got the right one.
                -Nick-
                95 A4 Z28

Comment

Whats the HP loss on avg.? ex: my 93 TA, 121K, stock
                  1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
                  "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Originally posted by alenstein
                    Whats the HP loss on avg.? ex: my 93 TA, 121K, stock
                    If your fuel and ignition systems are functioning properly and you have good compression, you shouldn't have much hp loss.

Comment

Originally posted by 95z28
                      So is that why some catbacks will say 93-95 single cat and then also have one thats 95-97 dual cat ?? cuz that has always confused me .... good thing i got the right one.
                      Yep.

Comment

Working...
                      X