• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transmisson

transmission fluid leaking on my cat. converter
    making alot of smoke
    i got a 3.4 v6

um, replace the main seal from the pan to the tranny? I dunno, you have to give a little more information at least. Like where is it leaking from? front, back, bottom, right forward of the U-joint........
    my car:
    '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
    check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

Re: transmisson

Originally posted by 94v6cam
      transmission fluid leaking on my cat. converter
      making alot of smoke
      i got a 3.4 v6
      Dont mean to pick on you newbie, but is this a statement or a question or what? If its question, chances are its the pan gasket. If its a statement - congrats. I'll add one.

oil leaking on the ground from crank pos. sensor
      making a mess in garage
      i got a 5.7 v8
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

well i havnt found the leak yet
        but thanks for the info

Comment

I had this problem on my last tranny (before it died) I couldn't find the leak either, the reason was it was the front pump puking from behind the torque convertor. If this is it, get it fixed quick cuz you'll smoke the clutches due to low fluid pressure in a jiffy.

Comment

Working...
          X