fog lights wont work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fog lights wont work?

Im not sure what the deal is? i think there burned out.... Will one going out cause them both not to work?? i checked all the fusses no problems there.. But the light on the switch dosent light up either! they havent worked since i bought this car. Its a 99 LS1 Trans Am

Also , can anyone tell me how to get the dang bulbs out?? thats what I really needed to know?

Comment

My Z had a burned out foglight when I bought it but the other one worked just fine. Could be they are both out but since the switch dosen't light up it might be a bad wire, bad relay, or a bad switch even. Get a tester and have at it. Electrical probs can be a pain though......Good luck

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Ill check the switch first thing in the morning..... do these bulbs twist out?? its tight and once i get my hand in the way, i cant see???

Comment

They do on my Z and probably do on the T/A as well but I'm not sure. Mine were pretty tight but once I twisted hard enough they came right out.........Good Luck

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Ait , I think the incredible Hulk owned my car before me, i finally twisted them off with and open end wrench.... The swtich light started working once they where both out! im on my way for some new bulbs, maybe the blue ones the laws hate! thanks ...

Comment

Cool. Glad you got it working.......Now just don't go out and get all ricey on us with funky colored bulbs BTW most of those blue tint bulbs use a blue filter to get that color which makes them dimmer than the clear white ones. If you want brighter try to find a higher wattage bulb.....Later

Comment

If you get new bulbs and it still isn't working for you, make sure it's not something as simple as having your high-beams on. The foglights won't come on with the high-beams on.
                Dave M
                Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

well i put new bulbs in and still nothing! it must be the switch.... but my test light is broken, dam the luck

Comment

Getting underneath there isn't gonna be fun. You think it's gonna take you 5 mins. but it's actually gonna take you a half hour tops, especially if you've never changed them before. Oh the memories....
                    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Working...
                    X